• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News projects that Rivera will be fired on Black Monday (Dec 29)

gettlemanjack

I think it was obvious Ron and this team had no shot coming into this year. Don't care about the Hardy issue.....what was done with the OL, WR corp and secondary meant we were losing this year. Dave did that to Ron in year 4. Shouldn't have.

I always said Dave got praise he didn't deserve yet. Yeah, he hit the lotto on 3 FAs last year that only lasted a year.

Dave is going to follow the NYG model and the lucky rings distort the fact that THAT model ain't a grand one to follow.

I will gladly take a lucky ring or 2 for our team

Here's my view...

Ron is a great man, first and foremost.

Ron is a great defensive mind and DC.

Ron is a very respected coach among players.

Ron is terrible game management and adjustments.

Ron had no chance to succeed. This was a dead end HC job in 2011. Too big of a hole, too much cap hell, too much talent void, etc. The talk of "1 winning season in 4" is moot to me. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken poo. Ron needs to go because he's terrible at game management and makes stupid decisions that lose games, and he does it over & over & over. It has nothing to do with the W/L record. This team had no business winning 12 games last year & 1 winning season was about as much as you should've expected. This was a big rebuild.

The good news is the next coach will be setup to strike gold and have lots of success. Hopefully DG finds the right guy.

Firing Dave in no way would be the single dumbest move.

It actually doesn't have any real negative outside of the fact you MIGHT be firing someone who COULD do a good job. You don't know he will....there isn't a real setback to the organization outside it delays you jumping on a new HC immediately

I have a Dave bias. Pretty much have from the get go. I admit that. Don't like him.

This

Patriots model is so rare. They don't come around often. Let's say we fire dave and you would be betting we could find that? Lol sorry jokester I'll take the guy that has been apart of six superbowl teams

Dave' s salary doesn't impact anything but JR's pocketbook....and Carolina ain't hurting. JR does better than most professional sport teams.

I'm saying I didnt like the Dave hire from the get go. I don't like what he did to Rivera and Cam in year 4.

I'm saying my personal belief is we are gonna waste years under Dave. That doesn't mean the only option is if you start clean is you have to match NE for it to be worth it.

Firing Dave in no way would be the single dumbest move.

It actually doesn't have any real negative outside of the fact you MIGHT be firing someone who COULD do a good job. You don't know he will....there isn't a real setback to the organization outside it delays you jumping on a new HC immediately

I have a Dave bias. Pretty much have from the get go. I admit that. Don't like him.

So you're all for firing him because you didn't like him from the beginning?

Nevermind that he's drafted well, got us a team that way overachieved in his first year (even with Rivera coaching it), has steadily improved our salary cap and is actually running the team like a business rather than the 'pay everybody' system it was before and has actually been willing to make the tough calls his predecessor wouldn't. None of that matters because you haven't liked him from the get go.

Sound reasoning.  Goes well with the notion that the Giants just 'lucked into' two Super Bowl rings.

So you're all for firing him because you didn't like him from the beginning?

Nevermind that he's drafted well, got us a team that way overachieved in his first year (even with Rivera coaching it), has steadily improved our salary cap and is actually running the team like a business rather than the 'pay everybody' system it was before and has actually been willing to make the tough calls his predecessor wouldn't. None of that matters because you haven't liked him from the get go.

Sound reasoning. Goes well with the notion that the Giants just 'lucked into' two Super Bowl rings.

Yes. I said I was biased.

Hurney drafted well....in reality. So?

Any GM could of game and after Hurney was fired under the instruction to fix the salary cap....and note improvement.

Again, Dave doesn't actually have the resume to get all the blind support IMO he has gotten from day 1. I also think the Hurney card is overplayed.

He has shown some real stubbornness/ego since he arrived. Saw a glimpse his first year.....burned us this year. Dave thought he could improve us in actual on field talent this year.....he didn't. He was betting on find more lottery tickets in the dumpster and being cheap.....opting to go all in on a rental DE to make his NYG model D. Dave's moves this offseason gave us no shot....even if Hardy had played

Dave' s salary doesn't impact anything but JR's pocketbook....and Carolina ain't hurting. JR does better than most professional sport teams.

I'm saying I didnt like the Dave hire from the get go. I don't like what he did to Rivera and Cam in year 4.

I'm saying my personal belief is we are gonna waste years under Dave. That doesn't mean the only option is if you start clean is you have to match NE for it to be worth it.

This is an 8-8 team with a competent coach and no Shula. For a fire sale type of offseason and dumpster diving for cap health that tells you a lot.

You say forget hardy but you can't when evaluating dave this year. Hardy would have been a very important piece. We could have had back to back division titles

Marty Hurney tried to be the Steelers and build entirely through the draft and reward drafted players with big contracts. It had some success, but failed at the end.

Gettleman is a like early Hurney, minus the big contracts, except he's convinced that everyone is replaceable and believes the answer is on the roster. It's mostly failed and it will continue to fail.

Marty Hurney tried to be the Steelers and build entirely through the draft and reward drafted players with big contracts. It had some success, but failed at the end.

Gettleman is a like early Hurney, minus the big contracts, except he's convinced that everyone is replaceable and believes the answer is on the roster. It's mostly failed and it will continue to fail.

How has it "mostly failed"???? It worked last year and didn't this year...

Not too many GMs could've done better with the money that was available.

Archived