• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News projects that Rivera will be fired on Black Monday (Dec 29)

gettlemanjack

Dominant franchise model is lucking into a top five of all time quarterback?

Not to mention cheating for lord knows how long and playing in a historically terrible division.

Brady hasn't been the QB the last 20 seasons.

It is more than Brady. They put emphasis on not handicapping themselves and getting caught up with "their guys". They make business moves. They let there DeAngelo's go instead of paying them. They build well rounded teams.....not one that brags about a position group with slop around them.

2 losing seasons in the last 20. Won before Brady, won with him on IR

Patriots were a much much much better team.

NYGs did however matchup well agaisnt that particular team.

Then they happened to catch breaks like Eli Manning breaking 76 tackles and throwing a Hail Mary on the same play that a random scrub catches one handed on his helmet. That is luck.

NYG model didn't builld a dominant franchise over the last decade. Rings imply a dominant franchise in that window.

Last team standing isn't always the best. That is why sports are so great. 2007 NYGs were not better than the 2007 Patriots. Any given Sunday.....saw it then.

Patriots model is so rare. They don't come around often. Let's say we fire dave and you would be betting we could find that? Lol sorry jokester I'll take the guy that has been apart of six superbowl teams

Yes. NYGs were not a dominant team that 2 rings in that window would suggest.

A dominant franchise and model is NE. 2 losing seasons in 20 years.

Giants are up and down every other year.....and up in down in there superbowl winning seasons. Best team doesn't always make it to the end. Luck happens in sport

If your expectations are to have a run as good as the Patriots have had, good luck.  

Playoffs included, the Giants have the 10th most wins in the NFL since 2000.  They have the 10th most regular seasons wins since 2000 and the 8th most playoffs wins since 2000.  I don't see how that isn't a successful model.  The only teams that are going to consistently be in the playoffs and putting up double digit win seasons are teams with elite QBs like Brady, Rodgers, and Manning.  That is why trying to hold any franchise to the standard of the Patriots is a tad bit unreasonable.  

The Giants were inconsistent at times (mainly because they were starting a very inconsistent QB) but they still only had 5 (including this year) losing seasons in 15 years and made the playoffs 7 times.  No "model" is going to be consistent without a consistently good QB, which the Giants lacked as Eli could be good to great but not consistently, turnover prone.  No model in building a team is really going to change that.

Brady hasn't been the QB the last 20 seasons.

It is more than Brady. They put emphasis on not handicapping themselves and getting caught up with "their guys". They make business moves. They let there DeAngelo's go instead of paying them. They build well rounded teams.....not one that brags about a position group with slop around them.

2 losing seasons in the last 20. Won before Brady, won with him on IR

Certainly the Patriots have been way better than what JR and Hurney have done here.

I'd like to see us molded after a franchise like the Ravens.

Patriots were a much much much better team.

NYGs did however matchup well agaisnt that particular team.

Then they happened to catch breaks like Eli Manning breaking 76 tackles and throwing a Hail Mary on the same play that a random scrub catches one handed on his helmet. That is luck.

NYG model didn't builld a dominant franchise over the last decade. Rings imply a dominant franchise in that window.

Last team standing isn't always the best. That is why sports are so great. 2007 NYGs were not better than the 2007 Patriots. Any given Sunday.....saw it then.

You're really going to use the cop out that the Giants were "lucky" in their Super Bowl runs? You can pretty much pick and choose a "lucky" moment in the season for nearly every Super Bowl champion, including the Patriots who needed several lucky breaks to win their first Superbowl (tuck rule, the raiders ineptitude, vinatieri's multiple clutch kicks, beating a "better" St. Louis team) and their Second Super Bowl (John Kasay).

Coughlin as HC

Trestman as OC

Rex Ryan as DC

Like coughlin or not, he's a good coach and sets high expectations for his players.

I think trestman is over his head as a HC, but I believe he could do wonders for Cam

Ryan got a raw deal with the Jets. I don't really think he is that bad of a coach, just got stuck in a horrible qb situation. Id love him as a def coordinator, but Jerry will never go for someone with that type of personality.

And yes, I know this will never happen. I was just intrigued by the prospects of what each of these three could bring to the panthers.

If they're right, we're gonna be competing with six other teams for head coaching prospects in a year when there aren't as many great prospects as previous years have seen.

Ugh :(

This would be the most desirable destination.

Newton

Kuechly

Hardy

Benjamin

Lotulelei

Top 8 pick

QB, LT, WR, MLB, DT, DE are probably the 5 most important positions in the NFL. Carolina has a player 26 or younger at each of those positions minus LT who is primed to be top 10 at their position for the next decade. Kuechly, Hardy, Lotulelei have a chance to be the very best. Add a top pick to grab a stud LT.

The pieces are here. No other job opening will offer the immediate or long term potential Carolina has.

I think it was obvious Ron and this team had no shot coming into this year. Don't care about the Hardy issue.....what was done with the OL, WR corp and secondary meant we were losing this year. Dave did that to Ron in year 4. Shouldn't have.

I always said Dave got praise he didn't deserve yet. Yeah, he hit the lotto on 3 FAs last year that only lasted a year.

Dave is going to follow the NYG model and the lucky rings distort the fact that THAT model ain't a grand one to follow.

Is FA the reason for TERRIBLE ST!?

Is FA the reason why DeAngelo somehow keeps starting OVER Stewart?

You can keep making excuses for Ron all you want, but he's only had one winning season out four with two different general managers.

Archived