• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sporting News projects that Rivera will be fired on Black Monday (Dec 29)

gettlemanjack

Come on you can't really think Gettleman deserves to go after 1.5 seasons? And that one season we won the NFC South?

I think it was obvious Ron and this team had no shot coming into this year. Don't care about the Hardy issue.....what was done with the OL, WR corp and secondary meant we were losing this year. Dave did that to Ron in year 4. Shouldn't have.

I always said Dave got praise he didn't deserve yet. Yeah, he hit the lotto on 3 FAs last year that only lasted a year.

Dave is going to follow the NYG model and the lucky rings distort the fact that THAT model ain't a grand one to follow.

I think it was obvious Ron and this team had no shot coming into this year. Don't care about the Hardy issue.....what was done with the OL, WR corp and secondary meant we were losing this year. Dave did that to Ron in year 4. Shouldn't have.

I always said Dave got praise he didn't deserve yet. Yeah, he hit the lotto on 3 FAs last year that only lasted a year.

Dave is going to follow the NYG model and the lucky rings distort the fact that THAT model ain't a grand one to follow.

Is there such a thing as "lucky rings"? (Note the plural "rings")

Of the eight coaches they profile, they expect all but one (Gruden) to be fired.

As to the market being down, that's my opinion because I've been researching it.

Gus Malzahn, Bill Lazor, Todd Bowles, Kyle Shanahan, Dan Quinn, Dave Toub, Adam Gase, I could keep going... It all comes down to whether JR has the balls to eat up the $$ and hire one of them

Firing a GM after two cap-strapped years (one of which was an overachievement) and our actually being in better position capwise than before would be one of the single dumbest moves this franchise could make.

I'm expecting us to go after Gary Kubiak.

Firing Dave in no way would be the single dumbest move.

It actually doesn't have any real negative outside of the fact you MIGHT be firing someone who COULD do a good job. You don't know he will....there isn't a real setback to the organization outside it delays you jumping on a new HC immediately

I have a Dave bias. Pretty much have from the get go. I admit that. Don't like him.

Is there such a thing as "lucky rings"? (Note the plural "rings")

Yes. NYGs were not a dominant team that 2 rings in that window would suggest.

A dominant franchise and model is NE. 2 losing seasons in 20 years.

Giants are up and down every other year.....and up in down in there superbowl winning seasons. Best team doesn't always make it to the end. Luck happens in sport

you'd think they beat the 02 raiders in one of their super bowls

no, just the 18-0 patriots

Patriots were a much much much better team.

NYGs did however matchup well agaisnt that particular team.

Then they happened to catch breaks like Eli Manning breaking 76 tackles and throwing a Hail Mary on the same play that a random scrub catches one handed on his helmet. That is luck.

NYG model didn't builld a dominant franchise over the last decade. Rings imply a dominant franchise in that window.

Last team standing isn't always the best. That is why sports are so great. 2007 NYGs were not better than the 2007 Patriots. Any given Sunday.....saw it then.

Yes. NYGs were not a dominant team that 2 rings in that window would suggest.

A dominant franchise and model is NE. 2 losing seasons in 20 years.

Giants are up and down every other year.....and up in down in there superbowl winning seasons. Best team doesn't always make it to the end. Luck happens in sport

Dominant franchise model is lucking into a top five of all time quarterback?

Not to mention cheating for lord knows how long and playing in a historically terrible division.

Firing a GM after two cap-strapped years (one of which was an overachievement) and our actually being in better position capwise than before would be one of the single dumbest moves this franchise could make.

I'm expecting us to go after Gary Kubiak.

I know how you feel about Rivera, but it perplexes me that you think so highly of Gettleman. It's not like Gettleman came highly regarded as a GM. In fact, one could make the case that one of the reasons why it took so long for him to become GM is because owners didn't think that he was up to the challenge.

In any event, Dave did a piss poor job of putting RIvera in a position to be successful this year.  He really did. The only thing that saves him is the Hurney effect, which I won't be so gracious to extend to him as an excuse next season.  He made some moves---and refused to make some moves---this offseason that resulted in a terrible product on the field.  As such, I can't clearly make sense of the cloudy lines between G-man's failure and Rivera's incompetence (or vice versa).  That being said, I won't cry for Rivera if he is axed, but neither will I cry foul if he is retained for another season. 

Archived