• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Rivera Poll

Jeremy Igo

The Rivera Poll   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ron Rivera be fired?

• Yes
    • No

I hope Rivera is gone at seasons end,not a minute later. It will depend on Dave Gettleman being able to talk Jerry Richardson into buying Rivera's remaining contract out. The ball is in Richardson's court,hopefully he thinks the money hit taken,would be worth releasing Rivera.

If he doesn't it'll be because neither Gettleman nor the fans convinced him that he'd lose even more money by keeping Rivera.

Fans can do that by having a bunch of empty blue seats on game days without people in them with concessions in their hands.

It's quite simple Rivera is not producing at a level that is good enough to justify bringing him back for another season. This is not college football. He's had his chance. His staying should not be predicated on the fact that we won 12 games last year. He has proven that he will not be able to consistently coach a winning team. If anything his tenure in Carolina has been plagued with mediocrity. 

JR himself said that he wouldn't pay Fox and his staff 11 million while hiring a new coach, so,

I believe Rivera is owed 13 million.

There will be sacrificial bloodletting of (hopefully) Shula and Rodgers.

Then the team will scrounge for a new (read: cheap) OC who will come in with the potential of only being here one year if Rivera screws the pooch again next season.  We'll get a quality hire for sure /sarcasm 

Whoo hoo, here we go again. 

I really hope I'm wrong.  

JR himself said that he wouldn't pay Fox and his staff 11 million while hiring a new coach, so,

I believe Rivera is owed 13 million.

There will be sacrificial bloodletting of (hopefully) Shula and Rodgers.

Then the team will scrounge for a new (read: cheap) OC who will come in with the potential of only being here one year if Rivera screws the pooch again next season.  We'll get a quality hire for sure /sarcasm 

Whoo hoo, here we go again. 

I really hope I'm wrong.  

I want to believe that this isn't true, but I've been a fan for far too long to have any confidence whatsoever.

Archived