• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Rivera Poll

Jeremy Igo

The Rivera Poll   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ron Rivera be fired?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes, of course.

The trick here is trying to figure out how much revenue JR will lose if 15-20%, or more depending on the visiting team, is empty and not buying beer/clothes/food....etc.

Then see what the difference is between that and the 5 million per year going to RR.

Agreed.

However, to me; if you're dumb enough to give him a new 3 yr $5mil a yr contract for whatever reason (PR, he had one good year, etc.), then you fire his ass when his back to his old ways of losing, non coaching.

That's what the Panthers need to do, and eat the contract.

Agreed. The decision should be performances based and the contract should be a non-factor.

Like Deangelo and Stew I don't blame Rivera for taking the contract, and I wish him the best in a new role but his time as HC here needs to be over.

Should he be fired? Yes.

Will he be fired? No.

No way with a contract ext through '17 and coming off of Coach of the Year and a 12-4 record does JR release him.  Minimal talent, crappy personnel and lots of injuries will buy Ron one more year.  Shula and Rodgers.... that's a different story. 

He will start off on the hot seat instantly in '15 though and another season of ineptitude will not be tolerated.

Archived