• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Official Rivera Poll

Jeremy Igo

The Rivera Poll   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ron Rivera be fired?

• Yes
    • No

No matter how it shakes out, Dave should have seen enough. He's been around long enough to know whether someone "gets it" or not. I will be super disapointed in Dave if Ron's not gone after the season. Still makes me sad though, because he came in saying all the right things, he just couldn't get it done.

I'm never excited to have someone get fired but I was never sold on Rivera, even after last year's 12-4 record. He shows terrible clock management and doesn't seem to have any idea of in game adjustments at all. Honestly, I think the whole staff should be gone. Let gettleman clean house and bring in some offensive guru to build around Cam.

His contract extension was baffling at the time because a season like this was very possible. Unfortunately, he has to go.

Agreed.

However, to me; if you're dumb enough to give him a new 3 yr $5mil a yr contract for whatever reason (PR, he had one good year, etc.), then you fire his ass when his back to his old ways of losing, non coaching.

That's what the Panthers need to do, and eat the contract.

Archived