• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spartanburg stay a bit shorter for Panthers

Rod Butsecks

Jake, still doesn't clarify the fact that we end early every year(according to the media).

Still doesn't change the fact that we could still be practicing if we wanted to do so.

They are still practicing! Training camp has just moved from Spartenburg and open to the public with the players staying in dorms to Charlotte and closed to the public and the players staying at home. That is all that has happened.

OKAY! Sorry Electro. Was typing this while you and Rayzor where posting.

My theory is it's all about Fox. Fox wants to minimize time away from his home in Charlotte as each year goes by. If it was up to him, the team would probably never leave for camp. If he goes and another coach comes in, I bet the new coach will extend camp in Spartanburg.

My theory is it's all about Fox. Fox wants to minimize time away from his home in Charlotte as each year goes by. If it was up to him, the team would probably never leave for camp. If he goes and another coach comes in, I bet the new coach will extend camp in Spartanburg.

Yep, and all this talk about Cowher is is bull hockey! Everybody knows Dan Morgan is just waiting in the wings at the local pizza joint to take over once Fox falls. Seriously.

This oughtta put a stir in the ole' pot.

fox may have a bit to do with it as he really doesn't want anyone else to know what is going on inside those walls as far as the team is concerned. there is probably a lot of nuances and things that he would like to work on that he doesn't want bellicheat-like coaches and teams knowing about.

like i said, training camp is all about the general idea of the offense and defense. the nitty gritty is what happens behind closed doors at BoA.

like i said, training camp is all about the general idea of the offense and defense. the nitty gritty is what happens behind closed doors at BoA.

Yeah.....but I've never seen any closed doors in either endzone....so how are they supposed to know what to do then?

Maybe that is our problem.

FAIL--

You should get away from the Huddle and read up on your team from time to time..

John Fox On what he will miss about Spartanburg: A lot of people. There are a lot of great people here. We are treated very well. Their coaches, their administration, (cafeteria) staff - everybody treats us so well that you miss them all. You get to see them once a year and you've built relationships over time. Now we get to go back and see our people back at Bank of America (Stadium), but they treat us really well here.

On if the Panthers will return to Wofford College for training camp next year: Those aren't my decisions, but I wouldn't oppose it.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/foxhole-breaking-camp/87430719-71dc-43ce-9f83-4170e5fe1e98

Archived