• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spartanburg stay a bit shorter for Panthers

Rod Butsecks

I would love to see how many two a days/total practices they have had compared to other teams. I've always thought in my completely non-expert MMQB opinion that they went a bit too easy for TC.

I don't mind vet days off either, I agree with that completely as long as it isn't excessive.

I agree that to an extent TC needs to be tailored to the team you have, but it seems sort of light every year. Maybe that's my own issue because I don't know too much about most other TCs and how many two a days etc. I know Belichick broke his foot off in the Pats butts this past TC though. Last count I saw, something like 17/22 days were two a days.

Actually the almighty Pats only had 6 more practices than we did. Link. And as far as them having 17 two-a-days? To that I say, let the glorious Pats travel 700 miles south from Foxboro to Spartanburg and try that in Carolina heat. I wish they would becaue I'd really get a kick out of watching Tom Brady suffer a heat stroke

By the way, if this seemed condescending, it was not directed at you, Fireball, it's just a function of my general disdain for the Patriots

Once again......20 practices, in 18 days, doesn't constitute very many 2 a days.

Do the math.

(excluding fan fest

and the Giants game).

ugh...they had 2 a days about 3 times a week. 7 days were with them in all.

but...if you (or anyone else) want to continue freaking out and looking up for that sky to fall...go right ahead. i won't stop you from wasting your time.

ugh...they had 2 a days about 3 times a week. 7 days were with them in all.

but...if you (or anyone else) want to continue freaking out and looking up for that sky to fall...go right ahead. i won't stop you from wasting your time.

I'm not freaking out rayzor, just stating the facts. I'm sitting here looking at the schedule, and was there for several days of TC as well.

Reword what I said ever how you want, fact of the matter still remains the same, 20 practices in 18 days(which is what I stated to start with). That fact isn't going to change.

I don't care if they had 3 a days for 6 days, and 2 days with 1 a day, it's still 20 practices.

like i said...worry about it if you want.

preparation is not yet completed for the season.

there is another place that they can practice, you know.

one thing to consider....many teams are now having TC in their own facilities. it is expensive to do somewhere else. panthers will continue to have them at wofford for the time being but don't expect them to be as long as they have been there because of the cost involved.

they are going to be practicing as much as most other teams who are still having their training camps.

the fact that it ended when it did and was as short as it was isn't that big of a deal.

you can think otherwise if you want but there really isn't any need to.

there is another place that they can practice, you know.

one thing to consider....many teams are now having TC in their own facilities. it is expensive to do somewhere else. panthers will continue to have them at wofford for the time being but don't expect them to be as long as they have been there because of the cost involved.

they are going to be practicing as much as most other teams who are still having their training camps.

the fact that it ended when it did and was as short as it was isn't that big of a deal.

you can think otherwise if you want but there really isn't any need to.

You didn't say worry....you said FREAKING OUT.

WRONGGGGGGGGG. That has already been taken care of with this little thing they call a contract.

t

hey are going to be practicing as much as most other teams who are still having their training camps.

you can think otherwise if you want but there really isn't any need

Fact of the matter is, you have taken this way off base. No...I don't like the early end to TC year after year. However, if you will look at my post, it was in response to the thread topic, and another poster stating what another team is doing TC wise, and what the count was on our 2 a day practices in TC.

Don't give a damn if they never practice, I just gave you facts, and you can't accept it for some weird reason, and want to jump on the "freak out if you want to" bandwagon.

Geeeeezzzzzzzzus.

Conducting training camp versus practicing at home is overated these days. Back in the day, training camp was needed to get guys in shape. These days everyone is already in shape when they get there. Plus our off season conditioning program was extensive to get players ready for Meeks up tempo constant energy approach. Guys came in lighter and faster than years past. Plus with the extensive use of rotations, our guys are plenty conditioned for the season.

There really is no reason to extend TC this year particularly with the offense being essentially the same for once, and the defense simplifying everything instead of complicating it as in years past.

We will be ready to go as soon as we get someone else to help on the D line.

You didn't say worry....you said FREAKING OUT.

WRONGGGGGGGGG. That has already been taken care of with this little thing they call a contract.

t

Fact of the matter is, you have taken this way off base. No...I don't like the early end to TC year after year. However, if you will look at my post, it was in response to the thread topic, and another poster stating what another team is doing TC wise.

Don't give a damn if they never practice, I just gave you facts, and you can't accept it for some weird reason, and want to jump on the "freak out if you want to" bandwagon.

Geeeeezzzzzzzzus.

worry...freaking out. no need for either, imo.

just because there is a contract doesn't mean they won't be having short TCs from here on.

not sure how i have taken this off base. i said that they didn't cut out early. yesterday was the last day of training camp because that was the way they had scheduled it from the beginning. they are commenting on it being a shorter camp than usual but i don't see that as a big deal as they aren't going to be taking a vacation until the season ends. they are going to be doing the same thing as most teams who are having training camp at their own facilities. they are going to be going to their own homes and own beds/wives/whatever every night instead of living in a dorm...just like most other teams are doing at their training camps. they may not have 2 a days but the practices will not be short run throughs or anything. they have a season to get ready for and a lot of things they have to do to get ready. no reason to think they won't be working hard to get that done.

like i said, it's no big deal that they aren't at "training camp" anymore or that it was a shorter stint than they usually have.

Conducting training camp versus practicing at home is overated these days. Back in the day, training camp was needed to get guys in shape. These days everyone is already in shape when they get there. Plus our off season conditioning program was extensive to get players ready for Meeks up tempo constant energy approach. Guys came in lighter and faster than years past. Plus with the extensive use of rotations, our guys are plenty conditioned for the season.

There really is no reason to extend TC this year particularly with the offense being essentially the same for once, and the defense simplifying everything instead of complicating it as in years past.

We will be ready to go as soon as we get someone else to help on the D line.

well said.

Typical.........go out and look like poo, and we'll let you break camp early. :thumbsup:

WTF else needs to be said ? Being mediocre is totally acceptable to this whole organization.

Our TC started later than most other teams, yet the others are still practicing.

NUFF SAID.

:mad:

Per the NFL, we couldn't start camp any earlier than we did.

They didn't break camp early. They were always scheduled to be here through Aug. 20, and they were. It actually surprised me that they held a practice yesterday.
it's because the NFL hates us and wants the panthers to be mediocre....dontchaknow ;) ?

Not here. It alternates, 2 today, 1 tomorrow, etc. In fact on the 15th, 16th, , they had 1 a day, then played the Giants on the 17th, and no practice on the 18th. 2 on the 19th, the rest were as I described above, and that's it. They obviously had some sort of something going on yesterday......call it practice or not. We had 20 practices TOTAL from my count, in 18 days. :D

Also, on the 8th was fan fest, and no practice at all on the 9th.

So the math from there doesn't lie FB, and we didn't start untill the 3rd of August.

:cheers2:

21 practices

They didn't break camp early. They were always scheduled to be here through Aug. 20, and they were. It actually surprised me that they held a practice yesterday.

Once again, was responding to thread title, and another posters "wanting to know" question. I stated it clearly, and that I don't agree with it according to how we looked in our first game, not to mention every year is the same. I know on the schedule it says the last day was to be the 20th, but it also says.........TO BE DETERMINED. ;)

Any luck with those cards? :confused:

Per the NFL, we couldn't start camp any earlier than we did.

Link???

Archived