• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Goodson another Freddie Lane ???

Nemesis

save this post and get back to me at the end of this season

or you can forget this post and save yourself the embarrassment at the end of the season.

it's nice to see people believe in a third string hopeful who looked good running against a 2nd and 3rd string defense in a preseason game.

remember decori birmingham?

eric shelton?

the only reason goodson will make the roster is because nick goings is gone.

I would think one would have to wait well after the end of the season to compare Goodson to Lane. It's certainly a bit hasty to say he's a better back when he hasn't even taken a snap in the regular season. :rolleyes:

He said that he has more talent. Not that he is a better back.

At least thats what I read.

You don't know the difference in having talent, and being a good player?

Vince Young, David Boston, anyone...

Okay, so he's saying Goodson's more talented than Lane -- not that he's necessarily a better player -- and that we'll see this at season's end. But game situations will indeed show not who is more talented, but who's the better player. He already knows, however, that Goodson is more talented -- so why would game situations even be needed?

I think I just confused myself.

I dont really see it.

Mike Goodson reminds me of a less talented Darren McFadden.

Thanks for your input..The last time Freddie Lane played football was in 1999. How much of his career do you remember ?

GO PANTHERS....................

Okay, so he's saying Goodson's more talented than Lane -- not that he's necessarily a better player -- and that we'll see this at season's end. But game situations will indeed show not who is more talented, but who's the better player. He already knows, however, that Goodson is more talented -- so why would game situations even be needed?

I think I just confused myself.

i'm confused myself...seeing as how if he was really referring to talent and not who the better player is, then he'd never mention watching the end results of the upcoming season...a season in which goodson will see little if any playing time, and will make the team almost by default because he has no competition and there's a hole to fill....but if you think about it, lane was undrafted his rookie season, still made the squad, and effectively started in 7 games setting rookie records that wouldn't be broken until over a decade later, would he in fact be more talented along with being better than goodson?

my head hurts.

Why is this even being discussed. Their similarities end at both being RB's for the Panthers. Fred Lane was all about hard work and effort, but his natural talent level was nothing spectacular. Goodson, on the other hand, has all the natural ability in the world. A lot of people that evaluated him along with some that were associated with Texas A&M felt he has first or second round talent, but was held back by his maturity and struggles with his coaching staff (which raised the red flag of his coachability). So really, not much of a comparison at all.

Archived