• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There's irony in Carolina's DT quandary

scpanther22

Saying that somebody didn't have time too do interviews because he needed too spend more time on his playbook too get playing time on tv. Is the same as saying we need too play with more heart after a lackluster effort from the defence in my book.

I don't agree. One was calling out an individual player, a rookie who wasn't even a starter. Smitty made a simple comment. The other called out the whole team in public. He went on a rant about a game which he didn't play that well himself. Tampa Bay ran it inside, outside, and threw over us with virtually no pressure during that game.

But he is gone now, so it doesn't matter.

I don't agree. One was calling out an individual player, a rookie who wasn't even a starter. Smitty made a simple comment. The other called out the whole team in public. He went on a rant about a game which he didn't play that well himself. Tampa Bay ran it inside, outside, and threw over us with virtually no pressure during that game.

But he is gone now, so it doesn't matter.

Yep, there was a lot of hypocracy in Jenkins' statement...which is one reason why so many players resented it and him.

Yeah it had nothing too do with dominating games just that he played for the jets.

do i really need to explain to someone how teams from markets with more fans undeservedly get players into the pro bowl by strength of their voting? do you mean to tell me that Clinton Portis was better than deAngelo Williams? was brett favre dominant? do you even know who darelle revis is?

The only one who called out Pep for the 2 sack season.

this is what a leader is? someone calling him out? running to pat yasinskas while you yourself aren't doing anything?

also I'd ask you to find where he specifically called out Julius Peppers by name, but we both know you wouldn't find it. Or at least I do.

Still better then anybody we have or can get health or not.

that doesn't mean he's a cornerstone for the jets. generally to be a cornerstone you need to be young and healthy, two things Kris is not. you're making up things to support yourself here and talking about a team you don't know anything about.

That why they put alot of money in putting Lb around him.

wait, what? he's still better than our DTs that's why the Jets signed Bart Scott? Are you high, illiterate, or both?

Still better then Kemo when health.

but he didn't want to play here any more. Does it really matter how much better you think he was if he DIDNT WANT TO PLAY HERE? Jenkins hadn't had a good season since 2003. He played 10 good games last year before falling off the face of the world.

Probably the whole football league who made him a all pro right.

firstly, he was 2nd team, not first. there is a huge difference and you're being disingenuous for not pointing that out.

secondly, the league has nothing to do with all pro voting. that's done exclusively by AP writers, who are one rung above ESPN analysts as far as credibility is concerned.

Simple question even if Kemo wasn't hurt who is the better DT Kemo or Kris?

jenkins, but your simple question is crafted to ignore all of the mitigating circumstances that surround this issue, something which is very understandable for someone clinging so tightly to an obviously flawed opinion.

Lets not forget the fact that even when Kris was too fat and a malcontent he could still play all 4 downs. Kemo can't.

lol 3 downs you mean?

Jenkins played when the other team was punting?

ha!

Anyway, McClover shouldn't have been cut for Haye. Always felt that way. Tony Brown was cut because they liked Moorehead just a little more, but Moorehead had no future here. Both became starters. Both would've been under contract until the end of last year for peanuts.

The Defensive Line coach? Can't think of his name right off the bat but I know a lot of people are really high on him.

Bingo :cool:

Sal Sunseri, a guy whose resume had more LB coaching than DL coaching, was the defensive line coach for the past few years. Now it's Brian Baker, a guy who's more of a true DL coach (and a fun guy to listen to) :lol:

Bingo :cool:

Sal Sunseri, a guy whose resume had more LB coaching than DL coaching, was the defensive line coach for the past few years. Now it's Brian Baker, a guy who's more of a true DL coach (and a fun guy to listen to) :lol:

Although I hope he helps I was not impressed with our Dline last Monday. The fact still remains. Do we have poor talent or Poor coaching and Im still not sure what it is. I hope they do better Sat.

Archived