• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

rough draft

simons_pim

i have no idea if this was already posted here or not but here is a readup (sort of) on Leman (also Geoff Schwartz is featured in the articles)

the articles are called "Rough Draft" and can be found here: http://www.fanhouse.com/tag/Rough+Draft/

there are 10 parts starting with the first at the bottom of the page

the articles are about a writer joining a group of college football players in training for the combine. this group of players includes J. Leman and Geoff Schwartz.

It is quite a long read but it provides a nice view on how players train for the combine.

small example:

J. (Leman) is a beast, a player mirror of Hester's intensity during the workout, who goes only by a single initial. As if that weren't enough, Leman has branded himself Turbo, in homage to the former American Gladiator, and after each set he walks around flexing, bumping into other guys, and referring to himself in the third person. As in, "Turbo needs more!" Unprompted he straps on a 45-pound belt, ties it around his waist, and rips out sets of ten pull-ups during short breaks in the workout.

He's firing up the other guys, including Kurt Hester, which is virtually impossible to do since Hester is always intense. After his first set off push-ups on the medicine ball, Hester decides Turbo Leman needs to be draped in chains, heavy chains, the chains that are attached to the bench to make bench presses that much more difficult.

"Does Turbo want some chains?" Hester exhorts, already having taken the chains off the weight bench.

"Hell yeah," Turbo Leman yells.

The chains are draped all over Leman's back. He sinks a bit under the weight, but utters no protest. Then he begins to rep out his push-ups. As he drops to the top of the blue medicine ball, the chains clank on top of him. In typical Turbo style each push-up is accompanied by guttural exclamations. "Nothing can hold me down!" Turbo Leman screams after each push-up.

Too slow. 4.8-4.9 40.

I'm on the fence with this guy. Fun to watch but I imagine he could be a real douche to be around for any extended amount of time.

*Gotta say after reading those he seems like an ok guy.

Archived