• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current projected temperature for Panthers/Vikings game

Dilla

I spent 5 weeks in Minnesota on business in 2006. It was in the 30's the first week and then it went to 0 degrees and stayed at or below 0 for the next 5 weeks. Not one second did it get above 0. I am not exaggerating. Sunny, partly cloudy, mostly cloudy, cloudy or snowy, it was still 0 degrees or less. One day the high was -17 at the winter carnival and sunny. My camera battery kept draining in minutes and it was difficult taking pictures of the events. My point is that 17 is not that bad. They will be fine. I spent hours outside with my kids playing in the snow and sledding when it was at or below 0. By the way I grew up in LA and was living in Florida when I left for the trip. So I was definitely not accustomed to extreme cold weather.

It's just a matter of knowing how to dress when it's that cold it's usually a dry cold,not that bad!The average Charlottean dresses like it's 20 to 30 degrees colder than the actual temperature,so if it's 50F,they are going to have a heavy coat,gloves,warm hat and possibly a face mask!

It's just a matter of knowing how to dress when it's that cold it's usually a dry cold,not that bad!The average Charlottean dresses like it's 20 to 30 degrees colder than the actual temperature,so if it's 50F,they are going to have a heavy coat,gloves,warm hat and possibly a face mask!

One word.  Layers.

One word.  Layers.

Yep,if I were a Viking fan I would have been at that game dressed in 5 layers w/a heavy coat,gloves w/inserts,warm hat,warm up patches for the inserts and socks,a neck warmer etc!There is no such thing as too cold,just improperly dressed!From my experience of visiting the tops of mountains in NH and Vermont and living in Charlotte,33F and raining is much more miserable than teens and dry!

Archived