• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As dumb as Mike Smith can be...

JawnyBlaze

...at least he owns his mistakes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/25/mike-smith-i-didnt-put-us-in-best-position-to-win-game/

“After reflecting on and analyzing how that played out, I would have done some things differently,” Smith said, via the Associated Press. “Given an opportunity to think about it through the night and doing some analyzing, I didn’t do the things that needed to be done to put our guys in the best position to win the game. There are a lot of plays in a football game that can affect the outcome, and I didn’t do my best to help us win.”

Didn't he admit the mistake after the Buffalo game last year?  I am not sure.

Toward the end of the year, he did an interview in which he said the loss really bothered him. Without re-reading it, I can't remember whether or not he accepted part of the blame for the loss, or whether he just had a lot of "what if" thoughts.

There's a million things Rivera, and Gettleman for that matter, needs to step up and admit to in things he got wrong.  First one being, getting rid of Smitty.

Getting rid of Smitty was not a bad football decision, especially if you look at it long term.

In an interview on Panthers.com Rivera said that during the bye the coaches were going to look at every game and see if there were things that they could do differently... he didn't say outright that they were looking for coaching mistakes, but this is probably as close as you will get to hearing Ron say he's admitting to doing things wrong.

Archived