• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens in last place AFC North

Newtcase

It's due to wanting to your team to win. Anyone who wants their team to win because they're going to be too embarrassed to face other people if they don't, is a moron. 

Other people go bananas because "I told you so...everyone saw this coming." There are plenty of reasons people hate to see their team lose. Again, anyone for whom "other people's judgment" is the #1 reason they hate to see their team lose, is a stupid person. 

You don't play for them, lol.

I guess I don't understand your point, like I said.  I'm not sure I ever said anything about facing other people.  But it can be embarrassing to be a fan of a miserable team.  That's why people used to wear bags over their heads to go to Browns games or when the Lions were 0-16.  You're telling me that because I don't play for them that I am a moron if I am embarrassed by things they do? I guess we shouldn't feel angry either, or frustrated, or upset, or disappointed, because we don't play for them.  Good to know.

I think you are taking this way too literal.  

I guess I don't understand your point, like I said.  I'm not sure I ever said anything about facing other people.  But it can be embarrassing to be a fan of a miserable team.  That's why people used to wear bags over their heads to go to Browns games or when the Lions were 0-16.  You're telling me that because I don't play for them that I am a moron if I am embarrassed by things they do? I guess we shouldn't feel angry either, or frustrated, or upset, or disappointed, because we don't play for them.  Good to know.

I think you are taking this way too literal.  

Something being "embarrassing" has everything to do with other people and their judgment. 

If you trip and fall down at home ALONE you don't feel embarrassed. 

If you trip and fall on the sidewalk surrounded by people, you probably do feel embarrassed.

You used the word "embarrassing." What other people think automatically applies when you use that word. 

I keep seeing stuff like this posted

I'd love to win this embarrassingly bad division. That's how the patriots, seahawks in the mid 2000s, and colts racked up division titles.

Those fans are stupid. They think saving their face is better than having a chance to win the Super Bowl.

Will we save face if we can't even win this lame division?

Stupid.

Something being "embarrassing" has everything to do with other people and their judgment. 

If you trip and fall down at home ALONE you don't feel embarrassed. 

If you trip and fall on the sidewalk surrounded by people, you probably do feel embarrassed.

You used the word "embarrassing." What other people think automatically applies when you use that word. 

When we are at a point where breaking down the word "embarrassed" has become what we are arguing about, that is a signal that this is going no where fast.  Have a good one.

Archived