• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens in last place AFC North

Newtcase

Anything short of 10-6 is a disappointment. I'm disappointed this season but as I believe Chris Kroeger on WFNZ said, I'd rather have a losing record and get to the SB than to go 12-4 and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

We can still get to the SB, our boys just need to get on that juice.

2743646-offensive-linemen-kevin-donnalle

post-15487-14169346976_thumb.jpg

post-15487-14169346976_thumb.jpg

I keep seeing stuff like this posted

I'd love to win this embarrassingly bad division. That's how the patriots, seahawks in the mid 2000s, and colts racked up division titles.

LOL...that may be why the Pats and Colts racked up division titles but they were very good teams themselves.  I mean they won 4 superbowls between them and went to like 5-6?  The Panthers right now aren't even an average team right now, they are bad, below average for all the hopeful fans out there.

You're comparing apples to oranges, or just not watching football. 

LOL...that may be why the Pats and Colts racked up division titles but they were very good teams themselves.  I mean they won 4 superbowls between them and went to like 5-6?  The Panthers right now aren't even an average team right now, they are bad, below average for all the hopeful fans out there.

You're comparing apples to oranges, or just not watching football. 

manning's colts had 8 one and dones actually

panthers fans are in no place to look down their nose at any division title.  that's what i'm getting at fugboy

manning's colts had 8 one and dones actually

panthers fans are in no place to look down their nose at any division title.  that's what i'm getting at fugboy

Division title doesn't mean we are a good team, I wouldn't consider that "looking down my nose", more like a healthy dose of reality.  I'm not thrilled to win a shitty division and be a punch line going into the playoffs.  Maybe some of you guys are ok with it and that's great.  Maybe we play really well down the stretch and make a run, that would be great.  But what we have seen so far tells me that we are in no way, shape, or form a division champ and that "championship" doesn't mean anything if we lose in the first round.

And "fugboy"?  What are you, 12?

Division title doesn't mean we are a good team, I wouldn't consider that "looking down my nose", more like a healthy dose of reality.  I'm not thrilled to win a shitty division and be a punch line going into the playoffs.  Maybe some of you guys are ok with it and that's great.  Maybe we play really well down the stretch and make a run, that would be great.  But what we have seen so far tells me that we are in no way, shape, or form a division champ and that "championship" doesn't mean anything if we lose in the first round.

And "fugboy"?  What are you, 12?

winning back to back division titles is obviously a stepping stone to greater things.  you and the other dipshits posting in this topic have basically invented this straw man argument that anyone who wants to win this year would be okay with just winning the division and losing in the first round every year forever or some poo under the guise of being "realists".  have you ever seen anybody actually argue that?  i know i didn't.  personally i'd love to see all the sad sack falcons and saints fans trying to talk a bunch of limp dick poo about the panthers while their teams sit at home.

panther fans bitch and whine all day about the losing tradition in this organization and how we've never won anything back to back and blah blah blah.  then when given the chance to do just that and having something to build on they turn their nose up and claim that it "doesn't count" because the division sucks.

winning back to back division titles is obviously a stepping stone to greater things.  you and the other dipshits posting in this topic have basically invented this straw man argument that anyone who wants to win this year would be okay with just winning the division and losing in the first round every year forever or some poo under the guise of being "realists".  have you ever seen anybody actually argue that?  i know i didn't.  personally i'd love to see all the sad sack falcons and saints fans trying to talk a bunch of limp dick poo about the panthers while their teams sit at home.

panther fans bitch and whine all day about the losing tradition in this organization and how we've never won anything back to back and blah blah blah.  then when given the chance to do just that and having something to build on they turn their nose up and claim that it "doesn't count" because the division sucks.

You're right, if we win the division and advance in the playoffs it could lead to bigger and better things but what I don't understand is that what I am hearing and annoyed with is this notion that if we win the division then we are a good team.  You said it yourself that the Pats and Colts used to win bad divisions all the time.  The problem with your argument that I have stated before is that those were GOOD teams that won despite being in a bad division.  We are a BAD team in a BAD division.  Not a lot of pride can be achieved from that. IF we were playing good football and taking care of business it would be an entirely different story.  

The point you are failing to miss is that we are a punchline right now, leading a division in spite of the fact we have a losing record is not something to get excited about right now.  We HAVE to start playing better or winning this division won't mean anything accept watching the panthers get embarrassed at home on national TV in the playoffs, which COULD set us back much further than I think you want to believe.

Why would anyone one be "embarrassed" by a division or even a team that you don't play for? Get some perspective. 

I'm not even sure how this makes sense.  When the Panthers get destroyed on national TV and this forum goes bananas what is that due to?  Why should we care?  It's embarrassing as a fan for the team that you love to do poorly.

Thats pretty cut and dry.  Not sure what your point is.

The perspective I am referring to is if the Patriots were in our current situation we would be calling bs and proclaiming that the NFL should do something about these crappy teams making the playoffs that are in poor divisions.

Hell even some posters in this forum have brought up the Pats and Colts as teams who have "only" advanced because of playing in poor divisions.

Then it happens here in a historically bad way and we act like the road to the super bowl is right in front of us.  Its confusing to me.  A bad team is a bad team not matter what the division standings may be.  

I love the panthers and pull from them, but just because we are a 1/2 game out of first place doesn't magically make me think this team is better than their record suggests.  I'm all for optimism but not when it creates an idea that we are somehow better than what we have all seen on the field the last few weeks.

I'm not even sure how this makes sense.  When the Panthers get destroyed on national TV and this forum goes bananas what is that due to?  Why should we care? 

It's due to wanting to your team to win. Anyone who wants their team to win because they're going to be too embarrassed to face other people if they don't, is a moron. 

Other people go bananas because "I told you so...everyone saw this coming." There are plenty of reasons people hate to see their team lose. Again, anyone for whom "other people's judgment" is the #1 reason they hate to see their team lose, is a stupid person. 

You don't play for them, lol.

Archived