• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any PSL owners billed for playoff tickets yet?

Jeremy Igo

It's coming.....

The NFL is telling teams they can no longer charge fans for playoff tickets until they have actually clinched a home playoff game.

Daniel Kaplan of Sports Business Journalreports that owners voted today to prohibit teams from charging in advance for playoff tickets. Fans now cannot be billed for playoff tickets until a team is sure that it will play a playoff game at home. In the past, some teams had charged fans for tickets to playoff games that they ended up not actually hosting, and then either refunded the money or credited the money to the next year’s season tickets.

The NFL has become increasingly concerned about selling playoff tickets after last year’s wild card weekend, when three of the four teams hosting playoff games struggled to sell out their stadiums. This move would seem, however, to make it a little more difficult for teams to sell playoff tickets, as they’ll have less time to do so.

Still, this feels like a more fan-friendly policy, as it’s not exactly a great deal for fans to be forced to pay for playoff tickets to a game that never ends up taking place.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/24/nfl-bars-teams-from-charging-for-playoff-tickets-before-playoffs-are-clinched/

I briefly owned 4 Lower Level PSLs. Very briefly. About midway through the 2010 season a co-worker told me he was done with the Panthers and asked if I wanted free PSLs. He gave me all of his tickets for the rest of the season and had the PSLs put in my name. Completely free. However, shortly after the season ended the team mailed me my quote for the 2011 season with the deadline for payment. Full price for 2 preseason games? HAHAHA. I mailed them back and told them where to shove their PSLs. I'm sure some other sucker paid thousands and bought those PSLs from the team at some point between Cam's great rookie season and the Division run last season. And the beat goes on; JR is a genius.

I've never understood why people opt for PSL's.  I can go to any game I want and sit somewhere different everytime. 

Several reasons. One is having seats that you like. There are many areas of the stadium in which I prefer not to sit. Second is potentially sitting with a group. There are lots of people who bought large groups of PSLs so they can tailgate and then sit together. Another is having guaranteed seats for big games though they may be far and few between.

People were paying $250 per ticket for the Cowboys. Similar for our playoff game.

Basically we pay a premium for convenience. If you don't need or value that premium then you don't need PSLs

Archived