• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would fox pull jake?

ncguy2184

Let's face it, folks, someone who knows a lot more about football than any of us has decided that Jake is the best option at quarterback the Panthers have or could have. And I agree wholeheartedly.

So many people are quick to point to the games where Jake just has a terrible day, chucking out four or five interceptions, a couple of fumbles or whatever. They so very rarely, however, point out how many times the team has been down in the fourth quarter and Jake has somehow, some way found a way to lead the team back to a victory. And those games far outnumber the games he has blown.

He has won more fourth quarter comeback games than any other quarterback of the last decade. His record in overtime games is fantastic, too.

And what about the regular games, the ones where he neither blows it or pulls off a last minute save? He's won more of those than he's lost.

Sure, he lobs a ton of alley-oops at Steve Smith. What decent quarterback wouldn't? Sure Smitty is his first, third, fourth and sixth option on every pass play. Wouldn't you keep looking for an opening if that guy was on your team?

Sheesh, get off the guy's back and try carrying him on YOUR shoulders for once. He carries your team time and time again, maybe you should try lightening his load once in a while.

There not going to pull Delhomme. Why would you pull him? He's the best QB on our roster by far. He's taken us to the Superbowl and several playoffs as well. He's gonna have ups and downs just like anybody else does.

At this moment. And so far, things are turning the way of him NOT being the best QB on our roster.

"Everyone realizes Jake got his start when Fox pulled a veteran that was underperforming, right?"

True that, but Jake was advertized as the OB future when he was acquired, and everyone knew that Rodney Peete, who Jake replaced, was a 'stop gap' at QB anyway.

I remember several games over the years where I wished Fox would have pulled Jake and sat him down FOR A SERIES OR TWO, and then re-insert him. Jake gets too excitable sometimes, and equally frustrated, and seems to suffer at extracting himself from those kinds of 'funks'. He, and the team, would have benefited (IMHO) from an opportunity to sit down, talk things over with his QB coach and OC, look at some pics of the defense, then put back in. I remember the home Atlanta game in 2004 where I was screaming for Fox to put Weinke in for a series, or a couple of them, so Jake could regroup. He didn't, and Jake had as bad of a game as I recall him having, not so much statistically, but just in looking so bad, and frustrated.

Sooo, would Fox pull Jake? I hope so, if he feels Moore or McKown can get the job done. If he did so, would that be the proverbial 'changing of the guard', and Jake's days as the starter are over, or just a one game thing? I guess we'll just have to see.

Quarterback of the future? What newspapers were YOU reading? Jake was the QB of the future in his hometown rag maybe, but he was a backup on the Saints and was third on the depth chart when Fox put him in.

This whole topic is retarded. If Jake goes out against the Eagles and can't move the offense and throws a bunch of picks then look for McCown or Moore in the second half. If Jake goes the entire year playing well, then he'll get more chances because you don't tinker with the starting lineup of a successful team late in the season.

No one is safe. These guys are in the business of winning games and all of those decisions are made with that in mind. If football was sentimental then Favre would still be in Green Bay and we would have kept Stephen Davis around for another year.

Let's face it, folks, someone who knows a lot more about football than any of us has decided that Jake is the best option at quarterback the Panthers have or could have. And I agree wholeheartedly.

QUOTE]

I think Jake is and should be our QB.

on a side note, I don't think Fox and Hurney always see things so much better than fans do in all situations. They have there own biases and whatnot......I mean we all knew Williams should start over Foster, Moore should have gone in sooner instead of sticking w/ Vinny, they have hung on to WRs too long that blew, etc, etc. Fox is flawed.....at some point he will hang on to Jake too long if Fox remains here....that is just a flaw of Foxy and Jake is the supereme example of "one of Fox's guys". Now maybe that day is here and maybe it isn't......

Quarterback of the future? What newspapers were YOU reading? Jake was the QB of the future in his hometown rag maybe, but he was a backup on the Saints and was third on the depth chart when Fox put him in.

This whole topic is retarded. If Jake goes out against the Eagles and can't move the offense and throws a bunch of picks then look for McCown or Moore in the second half. If Jake goes the entire year playing well, then he'll get more chances because you don't tinker with the starting lineup of a successful team late in the season.

No one is safe. These guys are in the business of winning games and all of those decisions are made with that in mind. If football was sentimental then Favre would still be in Green Bay and we would have kept Stephen Davis around for another year.

First of all you dont allow your QB to get to 6 turnovers. You pull him after 3 unless ur up by 20. Jake wasnt pulled and thats telling me we dont have a viable backup that Fox believes in so why have them on the team. Jakes not a young man in football years and think hes seen his better days. Hes been decent and has mostly played well. We need his replacement on the team now that can step in and play....i.e. New England and Matt Castle.

First of all you dont allow your QB to get to 6 turnovers. You pull him after 3 unless ur up by 20. Jake wasnt pulled and thats telling me we dont have a viable backup that Fox believes in so why have them on the team. Jakes not a young man in football years and think hes seen his better days. Hes been decent and has mostly played well. We need his replacement on the team now that can step in and play....i.e. New England and Matt Castle.

you don't pull your starting QB b/c of 3 turnovers....unless you are looking to make a permanant move.

Matt Cassell? He is a horrific QB....you will see this year. BB is just a great coach. The dink and dunk made Cassell look good w/ WR/RB doing all the work after the catch. BB tailored a new offensive scheme around Cassell b/c he sucked so bad. Terrific coaching....nothing more. Now THAT, is something to wish for.

Archived