• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would fox pull jake?

ncguy2184

In years past I don't think so but if these Jake issues are as real as some like to speculate I do not think Fox would be ignorant enough to keep him in there. But he will give him every benefit of the doubt and I do not see Jake getting pulled during a game unless he gets hurt or the game gets out of reach. If someone like Moore becomes the starter it will happen the week after Jake's pic nick. It would not happen after 1 game though, it would take 2 ARZ style games, maybe 3.

dont get me wrong i want jake to do good i hope goes out there this year and throws for 4000 yards and 35 td's but i hope that fox would pull him to if he keeps playing like he did in the arizona game and what i heard so far about him in camp this year

dont get me wrong i want jake to do good i hope goes out there this year and throws for 4000 yards and 35 td's but i hope that fox would pull him to if he keeps playing like he did in the arizona game and what i heard so far about him in camp this year

You realize this is a run first team don't you?

That Jake likely isn't going to throw for these numbers because of that fact?

That you don't have to throw for those kind of numbers to be considered a good QB?

How about the fact that guys like Staubach, Bradshaw, and Aikman never had a 30 TD season?

Your way overreacting to one preseason game.

You realize this us a run first team don't you?

That you don't have to throw for those kind of numbers to be considered a good QB?

How about the fact that guys like Staubach, Bradshaw, and Aikman never had a 30 TD season?

He's just stating that he wants him to do good and would like for him to achieve those numbers, not expect it. And overreacting to one preaseason game? lol. What about half of the games last year? His opinion was also based on what he's heard so far out of training camp. Did you read that part?

Which is why in a run first team lots of INTs and turnovers by the QB are a bad thing.. Hence why he is asking IF he's slumming the first few games of the season, would he get pulled.

Yes i know this is a run first team and im glad that it is because if it was a passing team i think we would be pretty much F**KED. And im not just talking about the preseason game im talking about the arizona game and what i've heard from camp and well he didnt look to hot in the first preason game but like you said its only the first game.

But i hope he does better the next game i gess will see

Everyone realizes Jake got his start when Fox pulled a veteran that was underperforming, right?

If Jake has three or four flat-out horrible games -- I'm talking Arizona type games -- than I have to imagine Fox will pull him. He'll do so not just to help the team, but to protect Jake as well. I don't think Jake's confidence is that broken, personally. He'll be the same Jake we've always known, for better and for worse.

Archived