• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are you looking for in the Dolphins game?

pstall

Our 2 main weaknesses seem to be passing, and run defense. Will Jake stink it up? Will our run defense get gashed? But most of all, NO INJURIES. I don't think there were any injuries in the Giants game, so maybe we can keep the ball rolling and stay healthy.

I think like everyone else I'm expecting to see the timing with Jake improve. I am also expecting us to stop the run quite a bit better. I think the defensive scheme we are running can work, it just needs some fine tuning. And Goodson need not fumble.

I think like everyone else I'm expecting to see the timing with Jake improve. I am also expecting us to stop the run quite a bit better. I think the defensive scheme we are running can work, it just needs some fine tuning. And Goodson need not fumble.

Not trying to single you out, but Jake can get his timing as perfect as could be asked..............but if he isn't accurate with his throw, it's useless.

:(

Not trying to single you out, but Jake can get his timing as perfect as could be asked..............but if he isn't accurate with his throw, it's useless.

:(

I understand that. But the first step to having an accurate pass is getting your timing down with your receivers and your release.

I understand that. But the first step to having an accurate pass is getting your timing down with your receivers and your release.

Ok, let me put it this way. He had all preseason last year, and an entire 16 game season to work on that.

What happened in Arizona? I'm not even bringing up the other games during the season that he played like pure doo doo.

:rolleyes:

Ok, let me put it this way. He had all preseason last year, and an entire 16 game season to work on that.

What happened in Arizona? I'm not even bringing up the other games during the season that he played like pure doo doo.

:rolleyes:

I believe preseason is getting ready for the 16 games upcoming. Not the 16 games we played last year. I'm not saying that timing is going to make Jake the best QB in the NFL. But his timing was off in the first preseason game. Being as this is the first game after that, I'm wanting to see improvement in that area. This is about getting ready for the season coming. Not what happened last year.

A Chris Mortenson Tweet:

Excited- we missed Panthers & they play Dolphins so can connect. Just got off phone w longtime pal, Panthers PR chief Charlie Dayton.

I can we can expect a piece or some coverage by Mort on tonight's game. Probably will talk about the main (over covered) story lines. i.e. Pep's contract, Jake's confidence, Smith's shoulder... would be really surprised if they talked about the DT situation.

I believe preseason is getting ready for the 16 games upcoming. Not the 16 games we played last year. I'm not saying that timing is going to make Jake the best QB in the NFL. But his timing was off in the first preseason game. Being as this is the first game after that, I'm wanting to see improvement in that area. This is about getting ready for the season coming. Not what happened last year.

You still didn't answer the question. According to what you just wrote, he HAD preseason last year, he had all 16 games to get it together, and still didn't in the game that counted the most(and did it on a regular basis from time to time).

Your logic is flawed, and your above statement proves just that.

I would love to see improvement as well. I don't wish failure upon him, but the obvious is just that. I don't know why people insist on pushing it under the rug.

Archived