• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hendrick extends Kahne's contract

Carl Spackler

I think it's pretty obvious Jeff is gonna retire after the '15 season. Wouldn't be shocked if there's an announcement soon and next year is his retirement tour, similar to what Derek Jeter did in baseball this year. Jeff has nothing left to gain in racing, only everything to lose. He's passed Dale in wins and at this point it's obvious there's no chance he could possibly get to 7 titles. Would a 5th title be nice? Sure, but it's unlikely and wouldn't really boost his all-time standing much. He's already cemented as an all-time great and has no shot of passing guys like Petty and Earnhardt.

Jeff's back is a complete wreck. He can't even get in or out of a car without help. He's already taking a huge risk of ruining his post-racing life. You're 43, have a wife and young kids, and have long established yourself as one of the greatest drivers ever. Why risk your future? At some point you have to let go.

As far as Chase Elliott is concerned...

He looks legit. HOF father pedigree and he's dominating the Nationwide Series. Then again, that's exactly what was said about Jr., so we'll see.

Crazy.. I remember when Gordon was the young punk kid..didn't like him much when he 1st came out but he's truly one of the best the sport has seen.

Gordon was a brash little poo when he burst on the scene.  I was working for Hendrick when Jeff was signed and remember wondering who this snot nosed kid was in the office every week or so. 

He is one of the best ever though.

I liked Gordon in his first few years, but I always liked #3 better and then Jr. came along in the Busch series, I started liking him and hating on Gordon. But, these last few years, Ive come to appreciate just how much Gordon has meant to Nascar over the years, and Ive actually rooted for him the last year or so. He is one of the best ever to drive in a Cup car. 

Archived