• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don't think I've ever seen the fanbase against our HC coach this much (Rivera Poll)

davos

Sinking!!!  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Ron Rivera gone?

• Yes
    • No

It is humorous that people think there is any shot ron Rivera won't be the coach next year. Did you forget who we have as an owner? Did you forget he isn't even a year into his extension yet? Ron is going nowhere which is a joke, but what can you do? This is what happens when the big cat is in charge.

It is humorous that people think there is any shot ron Rivera won't be the coach next year. Did you forget who we have as an owner? Did you forget he isn't even a year into his extension yet? Ron is going nowhere which is a joke, but what can you do? This is what happens when the big cat is in charge.

Capers was gone after 4 and Seifert after 3...

Sad how this franchise has never had a good coach in its history. The suckiness of Seifert and capers doesn't excuse the suckiness of Rivera. Fine we will grade the others with an f grade. And since Rivera is supposedly better, let's give him a D. He still sucks. We need a Pete Carroll or Belichek type of coach.

You mean Pete Carroll who was fired as head coach by both the Jets and the Patriots...???

or Bill Belichick who was fired by Cleveland because he had 4 losing season in 5 years and a career record of .450 ???

You mean Pete Carroll who was fired as head coach by both the Jets and the Patriots...???

or Bill Belichick who was fired by Cleveland because he had 4 losing season in 5 years and a career record of .450 ???

This terrible argument again?

For every Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick, there is a laundry list of other coaches who did not go on to experience similar success.

I agree that he has mismanaged many aspects of the team. I don't particularly have a problem with him being hands off on the offense though, a lot of coaches focus more on their specialty. My problem is not bringing in a guy that would deserve to be entrusted to run the offense competently. Too bad Norv Turner decided to go to Cleveland with Chud rather than come here. If he could have pulled off that move, we might all be having a different discussion today.

I don't pay much attention to reasons/excuses given since they are merely his way of answering a question that he has to answer. I'm sure that behind closed doors, they talk about some players the same way we do. But they can't come out and say publicly that "Byron Bell sucks and has no business on the football field, but everyone else we have sucks just as bad, if not worse, so we're stuck with him for now." They have to at least give the pretense that they believe in these guys.

Let me play devils advocate

..so he is. Defensive guru, if he looked at tape of his own team it should be pretty clear how to stop the Panthers

,,it's really pretty simple .. Don't you think he should have enough sense to have input into the offense?

Did it really take the Philly game for him to not see the lack of,separation?

Ask yourself, the elite coaches in the NFL, don't you think they are absolutely aware of all phases of the game at almost every second of the game?

How many times have you seen a Harbaugh or a Bellinchek running down the sidelines to call a time out because of some thing they saw on either side of the ball? When have you Ever seen Rivera do that?

The title is head coach for a reason and his on the job training over the past 4 years has not Worked he needs to matriculated on out of Charlotte

The Panthers need an elite coach and I expect Richardson to go get one or he might as well take cam Newton this season and trade him to the highest bidder,

We have seen elite coaches and Ron Rivera isn't even a game manager

Trying hard to get a reaction Tony?

Let me play devils advocate

..so he is. Defensive guru, if he looked at tape of his own team it should be pretty clear how to stop the Panthers

,,it's really pretty simple .. Don't you think he should have enough sense to have input into the offense?

Did it really take the Philly game for him to not see the lack of,separation?

Ask yourself, the elite coaches in the NFL, don't you think they are absolutely aware of all phases of the game at almost every second of the game?

How many times have you seen a Harbaugh or a Bellinchek running down the sidelines to call a time out because of some thing they saw on either side of the ball? When have you Ever seen Rivera do that?

The title is head coach for a reason and his on the job training over the past 4 years has not Worked he needs to matriculated on out of Charlotte

The Panthers need an elite coach and I expect Richardson to go get one or he might as well take cam Newton this season and trade him to the highest bidder,

We have seen elite coaches and Ron Rivera isn't even a game manager

I'm not saying he's elite by any means.  Just that it's not uncommon for a HC to put more focus on their specialty area, after all that's what they know best.  Some guys, like Rivera, did not have experience designing an offensive scheme when hired as a HC, so need to rely on someone more experienced at it.  The problem for me isn't that he lets the OC run the offense, but WHO he put in charge of it.  He needed someone that has experience running a successful offense, not a guy who hasn't been an OC in 15 years...and one that was not even particularly effective. 

Capers was gone after 4 and Seifert after 3...

I dont recall but I can't imagine Jerry left too much money on the table. Rivera has over $15 million left. This owner (who is a joke) isn't going to pay Ron over $15million to go away and then spend money on a new coach. I just can't see it.

I dont recall but I can't imagine Jerry left too much money on the table. Rivera has over $15 million left. This owner (who is a joke) isn't going to pay Ron over $15million to go away and then spend money on a new coach. I just can't see it.

Sadly, neither do I and this is one to lay at Gettleman's feet. It was his decision to make and he made it

Sadly, neither do I and this is one to lay at Gettleman's feet. It was his decision to make and he made it

I can't fault Gettleman at all for this. He just came off a 12-4 year and won coach of the year. You cannot let him become a lame duck coach, that situation never works. Once again this all comes down to our idiot owner. You should never fire a GM and keep the coach. It just does not work. If you are going to bring in a new GM he should be allowed to pick his own guy. But our owner always works ass backwards. This lies at the feet of Jerry Richardson and no one else.

Archived