• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don't think I've ever seen the fanbase against our HC coach this much (Rivera Poll)

davos

Sinking!!!  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Ron Rivera gone?

• Yes
    • No

I'd love to hear how those things factored into the last two minutes of the Atlanta game.

He's a bad coach. Time to face the facts

It would be one thing if we were simply outgunned all season and ran into teams that could simply show up and be better, but when the personnel you have actually puts you in a position to win as they did on Sunday and could very well do again in the coming weeks and you take that opportunity to win out of their hands that is inexcusable.

Another year to "right the ship" with different personnel wouldn't change anything. The situations would still present themselves and the coaches would continue to make the wrong decisions.

I was officially done with Rivera when he said Cam wasn't "injured" during the Eagles game.  That went beyond being a bad head coach to straight up being a bad dude.  That's a man's life out there and he's getting sacked 9 times and hit almsot every play, obviously in pain and struggling to stand up when he delivers the play call on one knee.  He refused to put in Derek Anderson when it was obvious the game was lost and you are risking the long term health of your franchise QB.  He should have been fired after that game for that garbage.  

Were you here? The hatred of Fox was in full gear.

I know because I was one of three people defending him.

I was.  I thought it was worse the prior year with Moore and Carr.  We all pretty much knew that last season was full lame duck even though discussion was quite contentious at times.  

My fam has had PSLs since Clemson...was a little too young until around 98 before I really got into things.  I guess my perspective is a little different than most. 

Thank you for the delete button.

I originally made the mistake of voting "No", not realizing the question was "do you want Ron Rivera gone". Lol. :sick:

Of course, I want him gone. So I voted yes!! :roadrage:

Yea haha.  I'm trying to round up a full fan vote rather than asking if you think he'll be gone.  Let the fan's opinion be heard!

This season is pretty simple to explain.

The loss of Hardy and the disappearance of CJ turned what had been a great passing rushing defensive line into a no pressure defensive line.

This exposed an already suspect secondary that was made worse by personnel losses long term cap restrictions made it impossible to address.

Right now, the Panthers don't have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the football. They really didn't have that much talent last year, either, but Rivera was very good at making something out of nothing on that side of the ball.

On the offensive (literally) side of things, an already paper-thin and suspect offensive line has been banged-up and battered and unable to develop any sort of consistency. The running backs have been injured, the Receiving corps (outside of Olsen) has been inconsistent and the QB has wilted under pressure and put up bottom five passer rating numbers.

To address the Atlanta game for the umpteenth time: Newton had already thrown two picks, had nearly just thrown a third and has taken sacks on nearly 10% of his dropbacks this season. Rivera's decisions, while certainly conservative, were easy to understand. That's why criticism of the decision has really not gained any traction outside of the customary squealings on internet chat rooms.

This season is pretty simple to explain.

The loss of Hardy and the disappearance of CJ turned what had been a great passing rushing defensive line into a no pressure defensive line.

This exposed an already suspect secondary that was made worse by personnel losses long term cap restrictions made it impossible to address.

Right now, the Panthers don't have a lot of talent on the defensive side of the football. They really didn't have that much talent last year, either, but Rivera was very good at making something out of nothing on that side of the ball.

On the offensive (literally) side of things, an already paper-thin and suspect offensive line has been banged-up and battered and unable to develop any sort of consistency. The running backs have been injured, the Receiving corps (outside of Olsen) has been inconsistent and the QB has wilted under pressure and put up bottom five passer rating numbers.

To address the Atlanta game for the umpteenth time: Newton had already thrown two picks, had nearly just thrown a third and has taken sacks on nearly 10% of his dropbacks this season. Rivera's decisions, while certainly conservative, were easy to understand. That's why criticism of the decision has really not gained any traction outside of the customary squealings on internet chat rooms.

So you voted no?

To address the Atlanta game for the umpteenth time: Newton had already thrown two picks, had nearly just thrown a third and has taken sacks on nearly 10% of his dropbacks this season. Rivera's decisions, while certainly conservative, were easy to understand. That's why criticism of the decision has really not gained any traction outside of the customary squealings on internet chat rooms.

Nice trolling. Are you forgetting the two tds that cam had on the previous two drives? And how we were moving the ball effectively against one of the worst defenses in the NFL with a lot of time left? And the reason it "hasn't gained traction" is because nobody fuging cares about a 1 PM Carolina vs Atlanta game. Rivera got wrecked after the Eagles mnf game

Archived