• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Barnidge the permanent starter?

Mr. Scot

Valid.

Local beat guys also said the fact he waited late to get a medical procedure done when he could have had it done sooner and been more active in OTAs might not have endeared him to the coaches.

I thought this when he had the surgery done in the spring. I got the feeling he didn't want to participate in the OTA and Mini-Camps. Though he has some nice hands he as a habit of them turning to stone at the wrong time. I can remember at least one interception Jake had last year where the ball hit Rosario right in the hands and it bounced off into awaiting defender.

Barnidge has the size over King. If his blocking has improved, why not make him #1 TE. He is a better target and quicker is than King. King is a good tight end and he will at minimum be #2.

Go Panthers

here's something to consider.

king has a one year $1.545mil contract that he signed in march this year.

they are planning to move on. will it be sooner rather than later? he's another trade possibility. that could be why he is still listed at the top of the depth chart instead of where he is on the field.

here's something to consider.

king has a one year $1.545mil contract that he signed in march this year.

they are planning to move on. will it be sooner rather than later? he's another trade possibility. that could be why he is still listed at the top of the depth chart instead of where he is on the field.

Conspiracy?

The difference is that in Panther history under Fox, the "starter" tight end (the guy who's on the field when there's only one TE in the alignment) has generally been the best blocking guy. This season it could be the best receiver instead.

If so, it's pretty clear that the speculation Fox might be moving toward a more offense-centric mindset this season may have some weight.

King is considered to be a better receiver than Rosario?

King is considered to be a better receiver than Rosario?

I would say that, yes.

King is solid and reliable. If you want to say Rosario has more potential, I could see that. But at this point if you ask me who I would keep between the two of them it's King, and it's not even close really.

rosario>king in athletic ability and talent (maybe)

king>rosario reliable receiver + blocker

king is the better TE

in training camp this year,. though...king has gotten moved back to the third team. TE sets with the first team have barnidge and rosario.

rosario>king in athletic ability and talent (maybe)

king>rosario reliable receiver + blocker

king is the better TE

in training camp this year,. though...king has gotten moved back to the third team. TE sets with the first team have barnidge and rosario.

Rosario > King in athletic ability and big play potential, you mean

There's nothing talented about never being open, letting go of blocks on runs and passes, yielding to DEs, letting ST linebackers fly past you on punts, and overall making no positive impact during gameday.

Both King and Rosario have started to disappoint, and Barnidge's weight gain and apparent promotion are good signs.

But, I've still yet to see the positives on Barnidge. Didn't see him rip any great routes out there - didn't see him do more than shove on blocks. He even looks awkward in a 3-point stance. I'm sure there's good but his two catches that were facing the QB that he fell down directly after, that's not proof.

I like Rosario. But that guy seems jinxed - turnovers and injuries happen around him.

I saw Rosario playing most of the game, same for King. Davie didn't get in much.

I'd still be surprised if all 3 didn't make the roster, unless they absolutely have to play with 2 TEs (surprising since they use 2 TE a lot), and if they did, I'd expect to see Fiammetta play there some (which he hasn't, and while he's a fantastic blocker, it's a lot to ask of a 6'1 guy to block the edge).

Also, King really is the only above average blocker (Rosario is an OK run blocker, but clearly struggled on the sack play), the other two are 'move' guys. Guys you'd not leave next to the RT and run behind.

It really won't matter which guy - at most the position will receive about 40 balls.

How is King disappointing? The guy is here to run block, and he's doing one hell of a job. Him not getting 50 yard touchdown passes or any big passes rather, probably means him getting moved down to the 2 spot behind Barnidge, but it doesn't mean he's getting bumped behind the shitfest that is Rosario.

Archived