• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How was Norwell not drafted?

Jeremy Igo

Yes, another Norwell thread. But how was this kid not drafted?

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andrew_norwell_753549.html

Career Overview: Andrew Norwell is a two-time first-team all-Big Ten Conference offensive lineman who was a force for the Buckeyes along the offensive line for three consecutive years and through 39 consecutive starts ... played in 50 games during his career ... started his final 34 games at left guard ... part of a four-man quartet of seniors along the offensive line that collectively was considered the heart and soul of the 2013 Buckeyes ... Buckeye run game powered its way to 10 300-yard rushing games in 2012 and 2013, which is as many 300-yard games as Ohio State had in the previous 17 years and 201 games (dating back to 1996) ... graduated in May 2014 with his degree in communications.

6'6. 310 pounds, legit program known for solid offensive lines, and friggin mean.

If the draft was done over today, he is a third rounder.

Jeremy, every GM in the league knows you draft no-name OL out of DII schools before drafting a proven all-conference lineman at a legit DI program.

This is why you take pictures for a living. You would never be able to draft for the Panthers. Edmund Kugbila and Amini Silatolu have HOF potential. These guys are the future!

Yes, another Norwell thread. But how was this kid not drafted?

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/andrew_norwell_753549.html

Career Overview: Andrew Norwell is a two-time first-team all-Big Ten Conference offensive lineman who was a force for the Buckeyes along the offensive line for three consecutive years and through 39 consecutive starts ... played in 50 games during his career ... started his final 34 games at left guard ... part of a four-man quartet of seniors along the offensive line that collectively was considered the heart and soul of the 2013 Buckeyes ... Buckeye run game powered its way to 10 300-yard rushing games in 2012 and 2013, which is as many 300-yard games as Ohio State had in the previous 17 years and 201 games (dating back to 1996) ... graduated in May 2014 with his degree in communications.

6'6. 310 pounds, legit program known for solid offensive lines, and friggin mean.

If the draft was done over today, he is a third rounder.

Jeremy we starting to think you in love with the guy lol!

I don't get it either.  Know what else baffles me?  It took Silatolu and Turner getting hurt for him to see the field.  More than a couple of folks at training camp, you included Jeremy, said Norwell stood out.  He's so much better than Silatolu, it's almost comical.

Also, and I know Atl. doesn't have a great d-line, I also noticed how bell played very well with a competent guard next to him.  Is it because he's not having to babysit Silatolu now?  You can see he has to help quite a bit on several plays when Silatolu was in the game.

How was Amini drafted?

I'll never forget the story Ron told after the draft. Ron and Marty were watching film on some other D3 project and happened to see Amini block some D3 d-lineman. Amini blocked him all the way out of bounds. That sold Rivurney on Amini.

I'll never forget the story Ron told after the draft. Ron and Marty were watching film on some other D3 project and happened to see Amini block some D3 d-lineman. Amini blocked him all the way out of bounds. That sold Rivurney on Amini.

I think you're talking about that movie Blindside. lol

Archived