• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaches Film - Deangelo can share some blame

Jeremy Igo

Well, you could always go after Ben Tate now if you wanted.

Browns cut him and he's inexpensive.

Not kidding, cut DWill, and bring him in.

Show that you are willing to at LEAST give the playoffs a run.....I'm speaking as if I think it's possible.

Many of the vets are frustrated with Ron, this may be a little something that could turn the tide for a week or two.

Not kidding, cut DWill, and bring him in.

Show that you are willing to at LEAST give the playoffs a run.....I'm speaking as if I think it's possible.

Many of the vets are frustrated with Ron, this may be a little something that could turn the tide for a week or two.

Don't know about cutting Williams.  Ogbunaya maybe.

Got a feeling he won't make it to us on waivers anyway.

Saw the Colts picked up Josh Cribbs.

Don't know about cutting Williams.  Ogbunaya maybe.

Got a feeling he won't make it to us on waivers anyway.

Saw the Colts picked up Josh Cribbs.

As for the waivers, if a team picks him up on waivers don't they have to take over his contract?

I would wait for him to clear, even though you may not get him.

They were setting up for the fg. No reason to bounce it outside and risk getting pushed out of bounds. Just doing what the coaches wanted. First down wasn't the goal, running the clock was.

This hits the nail on the head.

Williams clearly should have bounced it outside, however not an ounce of me thinks he had the freedom to do that after seeing the three straight running calls.

Bouncing outside brings the possibility of a negative yard carry or being pushed out of bounds.  He was sent in to do his job, and that job was to run up the gut, hope to pick up yards, and make Atlanta burn their timeouts.

I'm not defending Williams as his play has been awful this year, but it's not hard to see that coaching sets our players up for failure time and time again.

It's really not that hard of a football concept. Those are some awful reads by DeAngelo. Yet, he is starting continuously and getting the bulk of the carries.

The times DeAngelo got good yards are when the holes were wide open.

Stewart had only 7 rush attempts in the game. 7!!!!

1st and 10 on that ill fated series that led to the missed field goal.

Take a look.....

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

You have Greg Olsen and Brandon Williams out left taking care of business. Instead, Deangelo thinks he can squeeze in between the tackles. 1 yard gain that could have very easily been a first down.

Please, follow your blockers. Awful vision by Deangelo.

Archived