• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaches Film - Deangelo can share some blame

Jeremy Igo

I really feel the issue is that we don't give Dwill OR Stewart enough carries, period.  I'd like to see one of them get 20 carries in a game.  They both seem to need to get heated up.  Play calling goes into it as well.  We seem to run when we should pass and pass when we should run, Shula magic.

i've been waiting for this to happen since 2011.

the days of double trouble are long gone. it's long past time for the panthers to lean on just one back.

Doesn't make sense to pull the guard and the tight end across the formation to only run straight up the middle. They sealed the edge. Horrible vision or horrible design if he was told to run up the middle.

Of course the running back doesn't always follow the pulling guard all the way.  Yet usually the runner would find an opening near the side he is pulled.  It seems D-Will went center right, and that was nowhere near the action of the blockers.

I'm pretty sure they all can share some blame, staff included. But when your QB, and most of your backfield have been banged up all year, and you have one of the worst OL's in the history of the franchise, it's not that difficult to figure out where the problem begins.

The coaches also have to put the players in situations where they at least have a reasonable chance to succeed.

Archived