• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaches Film - Deangelo can share some blame

Jeremy Igo

I always wondered about plays like this. I see it happens all the time in nfl. A rb will take in inside instead of bouncing outside. Is it because the design of the play that doesnt give them freedom to choose the hole or is it just the rb 's decision making? Reading some of these posts makes me lean towards its on gone running back. Good video by the way

Deangelo has always been a bit overrated and obviously overpaid.   The good years were behind an amazing offensive line.  He's just not good enough to find holes himself unless they are massive ones like we had in 2008.  He also can't break any tackles.

Did Stewart get hurt in the game?  I don't remember seeing him in there at all in the last quarter, just D-Will the drive killer and Fozzy.

Deangelo has always been a bit overrated and obviously overpaid.   The good years were behind an amazing offensive line.  He's just not good enough to find holes himself unless they are massive ones like we had in 2008.  He also can't break any tackles.

Did Stewart get hurt in the game?  I don't remember seeing him in there at all in the last quarter, just D-Will the drive killer and Fozzy.

Stewart was the ball carrier on the 3rd down of that series for loss of 1 yard. Up the gut, as designed. Just a terrible terrible terrible play call.

terrible.

Just to play the other side.  Not trying to start anything, serious inquiry.  I do believe Stew is hitting the holes a lot better.  But watching the game and comparing stats are not adding up to me from this past game.

Dwill -  10 carries - 41 yards  - 4.1 avg  - with a long of 8 yards

Stew -  7 carries   - 24 yards  - 3.4 avg  - with a long of 13 yards

Fozzy - 3 carries - 11 yards   - 3.7 avg  - with a long of 5 yards

Someone please enlighten me.  Cause this looks like Dwill is doing better.

1st and 10 on that ill fated series that led to the missed field goal.

Take a look.....

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

You have Greg Olsen and Brandon Williams out left taking care of business. Instead, Deangelo thinks he can squeeze in between the tackles. 1 yard gain that could have very easily been a first down.

Please, follow your blockers. Awful vision by Deangelo.

Just to play the other side.  Not trying to start anything, serious inquiry.  I do believe Stew is hitting the holes a lot better.  But watching the game and comparing stats are not adding up to me from this past game.

...and that is the problem with looking at just ypc.

It also could be that the coaches called for them to keep the ball in the center of the field.  It's no question they were playing for the field goal, whether or not they got the first down.

i believe this is the case, but...i would also like to believe a seasoned vet's instincts would override such ridiculousness and follow the two black jerseys that flashed right in front of him.

Well 23 of Dwill's yards were off 3 carries.  That means the rest are 2.6ypc.   He had those 3 good runs but some of the others are drive stalling, but that's a lot of playcalling issues too.

I really feel the issue is that we don't give Dwill OR Stewart enough carries, period.  I'd like to see one of them get 20 carries in a game.  They both seem to need to get heated up.  Play calling goes into it as well.  We seem to run when we should pass and pass when we should run, Shula magic.

Archived