• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want Shula gone? Don't look for Rivera to do it...

Jeremy Igo

What do they say about history again?

http://www.sptimes.com/News/020300/Sports/Bucs_send_Shula_packi.shtml

The Bucs did not score a touchdown in an 11-6 loss to the eventual Super Bowl champion Rams in the NFC title game Jan. 23 -- the fifth game in which they failed to reach the end zone last season.

Earlier Wednesday, Dungy said he hoped the impasse he, general manager Rich McKay and ownership had reached could be resolved and his entire staff would be signed for the 2000 season.

"That would be my hope, but it's out of my hands," Dungy said. "Truly out of my hands."

After a conference call involving Dungy, Bucs vice presidents Brian and Joel Glazer and McKay Wednesday evening, Dungy notified Shula that he would not be given a new contract. Apparently, ownership and McKay insisted Shula not return next season

Rivera doesn't have the balls to do it. It's the reason they indicated today that there will be no staff changes. If this offense and team continues to not make any progress at the end of the season Rivera needs to be let go and the rest of his incompetent staff. I think the writing is on the wall and Rivera is to naive to see it. So if things don't change ASAP him and his riverboat will sink.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived