• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Plax to Jail

tarheelblue89

Ok let me get this straight...a guy shoots himself (Burress)and gets 2 years in prison...however another guy drives drunk and kills a guy(Stallworth) but only gets 30 DAYS...can someone please justify this?

I dont know if it can be justified.....it's pretty ridiculous. I guess the fact that the so called crime was committed with a firearm is what makes the penalty so harsh. I am still amazed that Stallworth got off with such a light sentence.

I live in Florida, and this guy who is somewhat locally famous got in a similar situation as Stallworth, and he just received 6 years in prison.

Plax didn't have the option to buy himself out of trouble like Stallworth did.

Witness statements saved Stallworths butt. The guy bolted at the last second. Investigation had it as unavoidable. Still messed up though. Plaxico knows what NY's gun laws were. Everybody does. He still chose to "keep it real" and ruined himself.

there is zero controversy on this.

If you are going to carry a gun(btw-doesn't Flax have enough funds to hire a bodyguard/security?) then call me crazy but ya might want to brush up on concealed guns laws.

Sorry. Yes it might be harsh but laws are harsh because the jackass quotient gets so high they have no choice but to be harsh.

street cred is a ******

Archived