• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Plax to Jail

tarheelblue89

2 years is fuging ridicules. It should have been straight community service.

negative. You are missing the big picture and only looking at "he only shot himself". It is a felony to carry a gun in NY and transport it across state lines. Plus what if he didnt shoot himself and shot someone else?

what should have happened.... he should have kept his gun at home. Do the crime, do the time.

Also, the family of the victim in Stallworth's case reportedly was satisfied that Stallworth was contrite. Whether that feeling was sincere or financial no one can say, but that's how it came down.

I guess Burress could forgive himself - and probably has - but that doesn't take the weapons charges away :sosp:

I think i read somewere that were some financials involved with the family in the Stallworth case, which makes perfect sense why family didn't pursue it the case that hard.

I personally agree with the sentence the guy discharged an unregistered firearm in public, if you want the responsibility to be able to carry a concealed firearm you should be well versed in state laws especially if your going to be traveling with the weapon like Plax, and you should know enough about the weapon to not have an accidental discharge in a dam night club. (STUPID)

If you want that responsibility of CC then you have to be prepared to face the penalty if you falter on that responsibility. It's idiots like this that are going to be fodder for more ridicules gun control.

See ya in 2 Plax :seeya:

negative. You are missing the big picture and only looking at "he only shot himself". It is a felony to carry a gun in NY and transport it across state lines. Plus what if he didnt shoot himself and shot someone else?

what should have happened.... he should have kept his gun at home. Do the crime, do the time.

Ok, the might have shot someone else part i get, but he didn't. It's a felony to conceal a gun everywhere isn't it? I think its way to much for something like that. What he did was stupid and he should of had a friend hold the gun if he felt like he needed protection but 2 years is way to long. People do worse poo then that and get a lot less. I had a buddy get shot a few years ago at boppers and all that guy got was probation because my friend didn't die.

It's a felony to conceal a gun everywhere isn't it?

WRONG.....very wrong. Why do you think they sell Concealed Gun Permits??????????

Also, his was not registered in New York, it was in Florida I believe it was, but not NY.

Not only that, the old one(where ever he had it registered) had expired.

Ok, the might have shot someone else part i get, but he didn't. It's a felony to conceal a gun everywhere isn't it? I think its way to much for something like that. What he did was stupid and he should of had a friend hold the gun if he felt like he needed protection but 2 years is way to long. People do worse poo then that and get a lot less. I had a buddy get shot a few years ago at boppers and all that guy got was probation because my friend didn't die.

No, you can get a conceal and carry permit in a lot of places, including NC... NYC is different, I don't think they allow much like that, but I don't know for sure.

2 years in the pokey. Hmmm....

Is he more likely to rape or get raped? Discuss.

Ok let me get this straight...a guy shoots himself (Burress)and gets 2 years in prison...however another guy drives drunk and kills a guy(Stallworth) but only gets 30 DAYS...can someone please justify this?

Archived