• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Plax to Jail

tarheelblue89

Seriously. If a plea deal gets him two years, you have to wonder what he was facing without it.

Prior articles made it sound like Burress was desperately afraid to serve any jail time at all.

As an aside, in past times when he was available (and evn this offseason) people had been wanting us to pursue Plaxico. Stuff like this is why you don't pin your hopes on guys with character issues.

Seriously. If a plea deal gets him two years, you have to wonder what he was facing without it.

Prior articles made it sound like Burress was desperately afraid to serve any jail time at all.

As an aside, in past times when he was available (and evn this offseason) people had been wanting us to pursue Plaxico. Stuff like this is why you don't pin your hopes on guys with character issues.

I read if he had been convicted on all charges he faced 3 1/2 to 15 years.

for sure. but shooting your leg should not carry the same penalty as killing someone while drunk driving

There's other factors. Stallworth cooperated fully with authorities from the beginning. Burress? Not so much.

Also, the family of the victim in Stallworth's case reportedly was satisfied that Stallworth was contrite. Whether that feeling was sincere or financial no one can say, but that's how it came down.

I guess Burress could forgive himself - and probably has - but that doesn't take the weapons charges away :sosp:

for sure. but shooting your leg should not carry the same penalty as killing someone while drunk driving

Plus there was mitigating circumstances in Stallworth's case... and he paid the family of the guy he killed too.

I personally think that 2 years is very stiff for what Plax did, but the law's the law and he shoulda took that plea deal way back... idiot.

On a side note...

One of my buds at lunch said he hopes Farve's not watching ESPN today... he might retire again... :lol:

Archived