• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's Blunder - Illustrated

Jeremy Igo

Rowboat Ron is back.

i was just going to make a similar post....riverboat ron jumped ship into a lifeboat.

last year was an abberation. he did the exact same thing he did time and time again his first couple years. he doesn't believe in the team and the team doesn't believe in him.

we need to clean house.

i was just going to make a similar post....riverboat ron jumped ship into a lifeboat.

last year was an abberation. he did the exact same thing he did time and time again his first couple years. he doesn't believe in the team and the team doesn't believe in him.

we need to clean house.

I think this is one of the more important things that people need to understand right now.

It almost looked like the coaches/org didnt want to win.

/conspiracy

Sproles said something like "on kicks they always leave the middle of the field open" he saw it and ran in for a TD. We never seem to exploit the opponents weakness. We're rebuilding every couple years. Until Gettleman we always drafted away from our areas of need. They play to lose.

It's not the coaches, it's not the players. 20yrs we've seen the same results. They always hire upstarts! Upstart coach, upstart GM's. Luck went back to school (genius) to not come to the organization. Then JR calls him and asks " Was that because of me?"

Couldn't disagree more.

We had taken a 17-16 lead and the HC/DC then had the defense drop into soft zones and Matt Ryan took the Falcon's down the field for the go-ahead FG without even breathing hard.

Do you think the defense that the HC/DC would have had us in with 1:30 left and a one point lead would have been any different?

You didn't say anything different from what everone else already posted...which I had already read before I posted this.  So, agree to disagree I guess.

My main point is that the game was way more than one 4th down decision to kick or go for it.  Who knows what the score would have been if the play calling was different on 3rd and short the whole second half?  I'll wager we wouldn't be having this discussion but instead would be celebrating a win and being on top of the division (as sad as that is...)

Based on that statement alone Jason Avant is more qualified than Ron Rivera to be our head coach. 

I was thinking the same thing.

AVANT FOR HC YALL

someone needs to go ahead and make this a thread of its own.

jason avant literally just called out Ron. And i love it.

Couldn't disagree more.

We had taken a 17-16 lead and the HC/DC then had the defense drop into soft zones and Matt Ryan took the Falcon's down the field for the go-ahead FG without even breathing hard.

Do you think the defense that the HC/DC would have had us in with 1:30 left and a one point lead would have been any different?

Exactly.  Just watch a re-run of the Bears game in Soldier Field a couple years back and you will get to see how it would have ended.  

I really wish people would just stop putting it on Mike, just stop it. If you can't see the true problem starts and ends with Ron, your ability to view football is lacking.

Good topic, and fairly pointed out Igo. Ron settled for a FG with the bengals.... we didn't win. Settled for a FG Sunday.... didn't win.

The mark of an extremely poor head coach is one who cannot take the many lessons given to him in previous season and utilize them to their assistance. Ron should have, after EVERYTHING that happened in the first two season with playing it safe and then seeing how successful playing to win gets you last year works, applying those lessons today. Instead, this season he has reverted and shows quite clearly that leading a group of 53 men to a super bowl is something he simply isn't capable of.

You didn't say anything different from what everone else already posted...which I had already read before I posted this.  So, agree to disagree I guess.

My main point is that the game was way more than one 4th down decision to kick or go for it.  Who knows what the score would have been if the play calling was different on 3rd and short the whole second half?  I'll wager we wouldn't be having this discussion but instead would be celebrating a win and being on top of the division (as sad as that is...)

The problem is not the decision to kick the field goal on 4th down. Of course that was the correct choice. The problem is the 3 plays that led up to the 4th down. Running Deangelo straight into the pile for 3 downs once within field goal range is the problem.

I was watching this and shaking my head in disbelief and frustration. I agree 100% with Avant. It was a pussified attempt to not lose that game, and it backfired. I do not usually call for the firing of any head coach, but Ron has to go. It is not getting better. He took the fire that the team had and pissed on it. This game, I think, is the straw that broke the camel's back. Time for Ron to sail on down the river. And take Shula with him.

Archived