• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

cut Anderson and Salley?

scpanther22

If you can convince yourself that minimum-wage Leman (at $310,000) could fill in as well as Anderson, you just saved yourself $700,000. The fact that both Connor and Johnson have positional flexibility helps.

Make a similar move with S Nate Salley (and Dante Wesley's move to safety might be the first step toward that), you just cleared another $1.01 million off the books. Figure if Wesley can play backup SS, they keep rookie CB Captain Munnerlyn and save another $700,000.

That's $1.4 million worth of cap room with no consequence, since Anderson and Salley were restricted free agents, with no bonuses to hit the books if they leave.

Might not sound like much, but that could be the difference between trading for a veteran DT with a contract, and dumpster-diving for cheap help later.

http://www.heraldonline.com/665?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=ded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913&plckPostId=Blog%3aded44479-eff0-4fb5-98bf-9edb9d130913Post%3a5b9142aa-156d-47cc-832a-9f37896c88b6&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Hidden

nate salley is an obvious one.

imo, so is landon johnson. can't stay healthy and on the active roster? you're wasting money. at least morgan gave us reason to keep him around. we saw what he could do. with landon johnson what have we seen? that he was the lead tackler for the bengals for 2 years and did nothing here except get hurt. him getting hurt in TC was fortunate for him because we couldn't see how all the UDFAs would outshine him.

i like leman and connor. i like anderson as well....he wouldn't have the number of tackles that those other guys would have but his ability to sit back and make a big play is pretty nice. what i see in him, though, is trade bait.

i like ivy and think he has a lot of potential. i think we would be Ok having him as the 6th LB if adding anderson to a trade could help us get that big butt butterball bulldozing DT. think of anderson's preseason performance as an audition tape/commercial.

Archived