• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don't mind playing for a FG there, but....

teeray

Basically, you can play for a FG but at least prioritize a 1st down on 3rd.  Like Teeray says, PA bootleg...give Cam the option to center the ball and look for maybe Olsen/Dickson in the flat or run for a first.  If we don't get it, fine but you gave yourself the chance to look at a first down to drain the clock down.  

They had no trust in our red hot 4th quarter passing game.  Why in the fug do you put it on Fozzy Whitaker and DeAngelo Williams??

1 You must be so proud.  You stuck it to me!!

2 Different year and different results.

3 Last year we were much more efficient.  I actually base my opinions on facts and statistics, and my opinions may change as facts and statistics change.

No not really it sucks for all fans that he's on the team.

Different year same Shula

Last year he still did this it was just masked by our defense.

Earlier this year people still were all like "but we still lead the division" even though it was obvious we stunk..yea well now that that has come and gone...

Shula was, is, and will always be terrible as the facts and statistics have historically never been in his favor.

I don't even have an issue with running up the middle on 3rd Down. We were well within gano's range. But, as Scott said, we should have centered the ball instead of hanging it on the hashmark. If we had, the FG was easily good.

yeah I didnt get that either - wtf?  Its like this coaching staff is learning as they go and then forget what theyve learned in previous games.

An NFL kicker makes that kick at least 90% of the time. The playcalling was certainly conservative, but understandable considering the time and field position.

Cam had nearly had a ball picked a couple of plays earlier and had two picks on the day. Newton also has a tendency to take crazy, unnecessary sacks...a sack in that situation and you are suddenly out of field goal range.

I am not even pissed at this point. The season is over anyway. We stunk offensively even against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. This team is not going anywhere without a major offensive overhaul.

I know you hate Cam but any coach with the idea that this is his QB no matter what puts it in his hands to win the game. Playing for a 46 yard FG in perfect condition isn't a good play. Your suppose to be Riverboat Ron. Give your team a chance to get a 1st down and maybe get a closer FG and more time off the clock.

I don't even have an issue with running up the middle on 3rd Down. We were well within gano's range. But, as Scott said, we should have centered the ball instead of hanging it on the hashmark. If we had, the FG was easily good.

I still would have had an issue with it. Even if he made it, we still would have given the ball back to the Falcons with 1:27 left to go, That's way more than enough time to get into field goal range and probably would have because we would have played soft coverage for that drive. We have seen too many times this coaching staff play not to lose and play conservative and I'm tried of it.

No not really it sucks for all fans that he's on the team.

Different year same Shula

Last year he still did this it was just masked by our defense.

Earlier this year people still were all like "but we still lead the division" even though it was obvious we stunk..yea well now that that has come and gone...

Shula was, is, and will always be terrible as the facts and statistics have historically never been in his favor.

Great!! Feel better?

Your chest good and puffed out now?

Perhaps I'll start a thread with an epiphany others have already had!

Saying "this year we are struggling offensively, therefore last year we must have struggled, thus, I was right all along" is a false equivalency.

There are a lot of variables that have changed since last season.

I base my opinions on facts, statistics, and study. And like I said earlier, my opinions may change as new facts and evidence are presented.

You make a call based on gut and assumption and when you happen to be right you strut around puffing your chest out.

None of that changes that our offense was adequately efficient last year, and has been inadequate this season.

That is why i have changed my opinion.

If that makes you feel better, and you can tell yourself "See! I was right all along!" Then so be it.

But now that I agree with you I would think you would just be happy we are on the same side, instead of you shitposting and strutting like a peacock

PS- my thread was about one specific playcall and did not mention Shula. In your gusto to own me you may have missed that.

Having said that, feel free to start whatever thread you want

But in that situation and time and score you would like to do something that at last gives you a chance at a 1st down and put the game away with no time on the clock.

Not if you're Ron Rivera and your strategy is to leave it up to the other team to try to win the game and hope beyond hope that they don't.

SURPRISE!

Archived