• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton on those last few play calls....

Jeremy Igo

In the NFL, and even generally in college, 3rd and 3 is a passing down.

It has to be viewed on a play by play basis, but there is almost always an underneath pattern available if the QB chooses it.

There was a pretty good thread on the 4th and 1 call last week.

If you're talking about Stewart being "wide open" on the check down you're 1000% wrong. He may or may not have gotten the first. But he would have caught the ball 3-4 yards behind the LoS and there was a DB standing right in front of him at the sticks. No guarantee. 

Avant (I think it was Avant) had a delayed route, but there was a DB sitting in Zone waiting to jump it. 

You must be being sarcastic. No way that defender being on Cam as soon as the ball was snapped is his fault. No one touched the guy and 2 seconds later his helmet was against Cam's jaw. 

Obviously Cam held onto the ball too long.  Just ask all the "realists" and "non-homers" around here.

What part of "2 seconds" don't you understand? The guy was literally in Cam's face as soon as he took his first step after the ball was snapped. Literally. 

I understand that amid the rampant blind hatred and stupidity that gets posted here it might be easy to mistake what I said as serious, and wouldn't even be ranked among the dumbest things said lately, but yea TheRumGone gets it.

Archived