• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Bait

stirs

Very nicely said. The only thing I would counter with would be if the Panther could try to manage a "baseball" type of trade. Package together Hilee Taylor, Dante Rosario and CJ Wilson with a 5th round pick; or something like that. But only a team that is in a "rebuilding" mode would be interested in that type of trade. No matter what, I think if they do end up trading for a player draft picks will be involved, maybe not a high pick but picks will be involved.

I think of KC when I think rebuilding.

Even Dorsey however is smallish at 297. They could use an infusion of talent as you have listed above, but don't have a big thumper in the middle them -selves.

Denver or Cleveland would be the other teams where a multi player trade could work.

McCown is a serviceable 2nd or 3rd string QB but he probably has little trade value. Especially considering he is a journeyman and has been largely unsuccessful when he has started. There are probably general equivalents on the FA list, so it would be hard to get a team to trade a quality DT.

Go ahead and flame me but I say we trade for a top Dt and a couple of 2nd rounders or a first rounder in next years draft and use Peppers as the bait

I was about to suggest this the way i see it is more than likely hes going to leave next season and if he doesn't he's still going to hit us over the head with an enormous contract. Next years draft is pretty stacked at qb so if we could a first for pep we could solve our qb problem. Don't deny it we have a problem at qb. Either way the is no way in hell that we trade julius peppers so while it makes sense in my head it won't happen.

Doubt we will ever trade Peppers. He isn't going to sign ANY contract that doesn't give him complete control over where he goes, that is why he didn't re-sign. He wants complete control over where he ends up and I really don't blame him. Seems to be by his actions that what he wants is just not to be on our team.

ONe more name to throw into the DT discussion is Alan Branch of the Cards. He came out in '07 and dropped to the second round due to question of work ethic. In listening to a Arizona camp report is was mentioned that he was not adjusting well to the change to the 3-4 (like Dorsey). Unlike Dorsey, he is much closer to Kemo's size (6'5" 338) and according to rotoworld has a 2009 cap figure of $1.2 million. With the likely comp picks of a 3&5 or even two 3's for Hamb/Ormi we could afford to use a 3rd or 4th plus a player. He may be the closest to a Kemo clone out there who is available, cap reasonable and experienced enough to step right in.

Archived