• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Bait

stirs

Who do we have on our team that another GM might want?

Stewart has already been discussed...way too much.

I think right off my top candidate would be Dan Conner. This is not because I dislike him, to the contrary, I think he is showing why he was so popular at PSU. The other might be Godfrey. I am afraid that Godfrey, although a starter last season, has a lower ceiling than Conner.

With all the teams going to the 3-4, someone might need this guy for their LB corps. He will sit a lot here.

The team likes Dan connor so he is going nowere

my list..

Landon johnson

Nail Diggs

Dante Rasiro

Johnson and Diggs would cost another GM much more than Conner. Not a bad thought though. GM might want vet which would be good for us.

Rosario would have to be in the west coast system presumebly.

Who do we have on our team that another GM might want?

Stewart has already been discussed...way too much.

I think right off my top candidate would be Dan Conner. This is not because I dislike him, to the contrary, I think he is showing why he was so popular at PSU. The other might be Godfrey. I am afraid that Godfrey, although a starter last season, has a lower ceiling than Conner.

With all the teams going to the 3-4, someone might need this guy for their LB corps. He will sit a lot here.

Looking at this somewhat logically, there are only a couple of starting players we would even consider trading

1. Diggs - not considered a core player. Could be back filled without significant loss

2. Marshal - not necessarily core but losing him would make secondary week.

3. T Davis - Considered by many as core, underated and one step away from greatness.

That being said, the only starter we will consider trading (although anything is possible) is Diggs. After that there is not much of a market

James Anderson is having a good camp and good preseason. Landon Johnson has some background as does Brayton but the cost may be too high and the terms not great. I say wait on some cuts becore jumping into the fire.

Looking at this somewhat logically, there are only a couple of starting players we would even consider trading

1. Diggs - not considered a core player. Could be back filled without significant loss

2. Marshal - not necessarily core but losing him would make secondary week.

3. T Davis - Considered by many as core, underated and one step away from greatness.

That being said, the only starter we will consider trading (although anything is possible) is Diggs. After that there is not much of a market

James Anderson is having a good camp and good preseason. Landon Johnson has some background as does Brayton but the cost may be too high and the terms not great. I say wait on some cuts becore jumping into the fire.

Not a snowball's chance in hell. Which you mentioned in the following paragraph, but I felt the need to post anyway.

Charles Johnson.

^^This has been on my mind too. Not that I want to see him go but we are going to have to trade value for value. Diggs, etc... aren't going to cut it due to age and lack of rep. The only areas of talent that we have that we can afford to lose a starter or quality backup is with DE, LB, and TE. Even so I don't think we have anyone someone would want bad enough to trade for. We will probably lose a draft pick or two instead, unless we wait for cuts and hope for the best :(

- Diggs? Seriously. What exactly are we going to get, a conditional 7th rounder? The guy is 31 and it's not like he is a star player. He has virtually no trade value.

- Jarrett, no trade value.

- L. Johnson would be hard to trade because most teams are not going to want his contract.

- Connor would have some trade value but the team is extremely unlikely to trade him, as they probably have designs on him eventually being a starter.

- Rosario would have limited trade value due to the fact that he has above-average receiving skills but below average blocking skills. A situational player, even in the right system.

- Marshall would leave us weak and thin at DB, I see that as extremely unlikely.

- Davis? I will assume that is a joke.

- Charles Johnson could have some value but with Peppers almost inevitably going somewhere else after this season, I believe this would not be a wise move.

Kungfoodude nailed this. The ones you mentioned are laughable "trade bait" players. For a team to be willing to part ways with someone for picks or another player, that player has to be good and have someone behind them on the depth chart that can step up and fill their void. Diggs, Jarrett, Johnson, and Rosario have ZERO trade value. ZERO. Connor may have some eventually, but his regular season experience is a few games where he was on special teams. Marshall? Who do we have to replace him? Davis? LOL. Charles Johnson has very little trade value also, although more than the rest in this thread.

In order to get any quality help at DT, we're going to have to give up something very valuable in return. The only player that realistically fits the qualifications of being good and having someone behind them that can fill their void is Stewart, especially since he's not even a starter. And then we have draft picks. And that's it.

You want to know what's going to happen? We're not going to trade anything and we're going to sign one or two DTs that get cut in the next few weeks. And that DT or DTs will be serviceable, but not great and we're going to get ran on all season long. It just won't be to the apocalyptic extent it would have been if we had let St. Nicholas start.

Kungfoodude nailed this. The ones you mentioned are laughable "trade bait" players. For a team to be willing to part ways with someone for picks or another player, that player has to be good and have someone behind them on the depth chart that can step up and fill their void. Diggs, Jarrett, Johnson, and Rosario have ZERO trade value. ZERO. Connor may have some eventually, but his regular season experience is a few games where he was on special teams. Marshall? Who do we have to replace him? Davis? LOL. Charles Johnson has very little trade value also, although more than the rest in this thread.

In order to get any quality help at DT, we're going to have to give up something very valuable in return. The only player that realistically fits the qualifications of being good and having someone behind them that can fill their void is Stewart, especially since he's not even a starter. And then we have draft picks. And that's it.

You want to know what's going to happen? We're not going to trade anything and we're going to sign one or two DTs that get cut in the next few weeks. And that DT or DTs will be serviceable, but not great and we're going to get ran on all season long. It just won't be to the apocalyptic extent it would have been if we had let St. Nicholas start.

Very nicely said. The only thing I would counter with would be if the Panther could try to manage a "baseball" type of trade. Package together Hilee Taylor, Dante Rosario and CJ Wilson with a 5th round pick; or something like that. But only a team that is in a "rebuilding" mode would be interested in that type of trade. No matter what, I think if they do end up trading for a player draft picks will be involved, maybe not a high pick but picks will be involved.

The only way we are really going to get any type of quality is to trade draft picks. However, we don't have many picks to offer up in the 2010 draft. The risk to remaining 2010 or even 2011 picks is that we make decisions that would be very difficult to recover from if they do not work out. Trading away future picks and the consistent cap trouble are going to lead to "New York Knicks Syndrome" if we aren't careful.

Of course, we won't be AS screwed as the Knicks because guaranteed money is considerably less in the NFL as opposed to the NBA. Still, we are treading on some thin ice and hopefully our management and coaching have recognized this.

Archived