• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

signs that point to us beating ATL on Sunday

gettlemanjack

Why anyone would pick us against any team in the league until we actually can show we're competitive against a team is beyond me. We've lost 4 in a row and the score was only tight against Seattle, but every single person watching knew we would lose that game. Jacksonville or Oakland could come into BoA on Sunday and I would expect us to lose.

Issue is the other side of the coin. Why would anyone pick Atl to travel up to Charlotte and win.

I think this game will be just as exciting as the Indy/ NE game. Just the other end of the football spectrum

I'm not sure, but I bet that if last week we had played Tampa Bay and the Falcons had played Philly, a lot of people would be saying we're headed in the right direction while they were headed down.  They've won three games, with two of those coming against the Bucs.  They have NO defense at all, and they would probably trade lines with us straight up.  They don't play well away from home either.

Here are a few things you can think on before tomorrow's game.  

- Stephen Jackson is going to look old again.  He's not running against our front four, especially with Keuchly and Davis on patrol.

- The Falcons have no line.  Our DTs are going to get a nice push against them, and Ryan is going to get some serious happy feet.

- Now that Tony Gonzalez is gone, refs have suddenly realized that when Atlanta Tight Ends push off to get separation, it's offensive PI.

- Julio Jones is scary.  Roddy White was last scary in 2011.

- Quick!  Name a member of their secondary who scares you.

- Name a member of the defense that scares you.

- When Cam has time, he's shown a lot of good accuracy.

- Cam has always played well against the Falcons.

- Did I mention that the Falcons don't pressure the QB well?

Is that enough?  Would it be enough for Eddie Becker?

a sampling of some of the other sportswriters predicting the Panthers to beat the Falcons on Sunday:

Frank Schwab of Yahoo Shutdown Corner

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports

Will Brinson of CBS Sports

David Steele of Sporting News

Marc Sessler of NFL.com

Kevin Patra of NFL.com

Adam Schefter of ESPN

Merril Hoge of ESPN

Michael David Smith of NBC Sports ProFootballTalk

Mark Craig of Minnesota Star Tribune

Dan Labbe of the Cleveland Plain Dealer

Stephen White (retired NFL player for the Bucs for six years and the Jets for one)

Ryan Van Bibber of Turf Show Times (Rams blog)

David Fucillo of Niners Nation (49ers blog)

Danny Kelly of Field Gulls (Seahawks blog)

Pete Baron of Mile High Report (Broncos blog)

Max Zelenko, Philadelphia Eagles/NFL writer for Rantsports.com

Every time La Canfora picks us to win we lose.

Issue is the other side of the coin. Why would anyone pick Atl to travel up to Charlotte and win.

I don't see any way our secondary contains Roddy White and Julio Jones.  Going to have to depend on defensive line to get pressure, which I'm very uneasy about.

Also will need this offense to control the clock to keep the ball out of Ryan's hands, again something I'm very uneasy about us being able to do.  I want to expect a win... I really do.  But it is hard.  Everyone points to how we haven't lost to a bad team... which is a fair argument, but we haven't just been losing to teams.  We have been getting slaughtered.  Manhandled.  Molested.  It's hard for me to be optimistic and if it comes down to being a 3 or 7 point game, I can't trust this Panthers team.

We were a different team and Cam didn't look quite so beat up and heartbroken when we played the Lions and Bears.

other way around. Cam had fractured ribs to deal with on top of his botched ankle surgery when we played Lions and Bears. When we played Lions and Bears, Cam said he was hurting and staff said he was hurting. Against the Eagles, Cam said he was fine and staff said he was fine. Look, i didn't even watch us play the Eagles because i knew we had no chance. Same with Cam. But I'm pretty positive we have a chance to beat ATL at home, same with Cam. You will see

I don't see any way our secondary contains Roddy White and Julio Jones. Going to have to depend on defensive line to get pressure, which I'm very uneasy about..

Also will need this offense to control the clock to keep the ball out of Ryan's hands, again something I'm very uneasy about us being able to do. I want to expect a win... I really do. But it is hard. Everyone points to how we haven't lost to a bad team... which is a fair argument, but we haven't just been losing to teams. We have been getting slaughtered. Manhandled. Molested. It's hard for me to be optimistic and if it comes down to being a 3 or 7 point game, I can't trust this Panthers team.

if you were a Falcons fan, you wouldn't be able to see any way the Falcons beat the Panthers.

Look, Cam has been complete poo for a while now. Do you really think he is going down like that to his hometown team, a team we have no excuses not to beat? Have faith in Cam. You will see....watch on Sunday...

Archived