• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

signs that point to us beating ATL on Sunday

gettlemanjack

Randall the Handle of the Toronto Sun explains why the Panthers will win:

"Prior to last week’s win over the lowly Bucs, Atlanta hadn’t won a game since mid-September. Now it is being asked to win back-to-back road games and both in the division? Daily news shows us the world has gone a bit crazy, but this is totally absurd. Even in that win last week, the Dirty Birds (whose pass D is dead last in the NFL) allowed Tampa’s 23rd-ranked passing game to throw for more than 300 yards. Of course, bettors will have vivid images of the Panthers’ abysmal performance on Monday night to the Eagles, but in this week-to-week league, they don’t need much of a bounce-back to take down this poor travelling guest."

Greg Cote of the Miami Herald explains why the Panthers will win:

"The Falcons’ bad pass defense and lack of pocket-busting sackers should be good for what’s been ailing Cam Newton."

espnapi_dm_131206_nfl_ron_rivera_news_wm

Sign that points to us LOSING to ATL on Sunday, unfortunately.

i go back and forth on Rivera. Lately I've been down on Ron and would feel better if we move on with a new coach. However, i haven't seen any national outlets pointing out that Rivera should be fired, while pretty much every national outlet has been pointing out for weeks that they are surprised Falcons coach Mike Smith hasn’t been fired yet

i go back and forth on Rivera. Lately I've been down on Ron and would feel better if we move on with a new coach. However, i haven't seen any national outlets pointing out that Rivera should be fired, while pretty much every national outlet has been pointing out for weeks that they are surprised Falcons coach Mike Smith hasn’t been fired yet

You think any national outlets give a crap about us?

I have read several places the Carolina +1 is one of the best bets of the weekend. Still trying to figure out why

per Odds Shark:

Carolina is 9-3-1 ATS in its last 13 games at home

Atlanta is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games

Atlanta is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road

Atlanta is 1-3 ATS in their last four games against the Panthers

You think any national outlets give a crap about us?

I'm talking about the weekly power rankings where they have to care about each team, rank them, and write something about them. None have pointed out Rivera should be fired. Pretty much all have pointed out for weeks they are surprised Mike Smith hasn’t been fired yet

a sampling of some of the other sportswriters predicting the Panthers to beat the Falcons on Sunday:

Frank Schwab of Yahoo Shutdown Corner

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports

Will Brinson of CBS Sports

David Steele of Sporting News

Marc Sessler of NFL.com

Kevin Patra of NFL.com

Adam Schefter of ESPN

Merril Hoge of ESPN

Michael David Smith of NBC Sports ProFootballTalk

Mark Craig of Minnesota Star Tribune

Dan Labbe of the Cleveland Plain Dealer

Stephen White (retired NFL player for the Bucs for six years and the Jets for one)

Ryan Van Bibber of Turf Show Times (Rams blog)

David Fucillo of Niners Nation (49ers blog)

Danny Kelly of Field Gulls (Seahawks blog)

Pete Baron of Mile High Report (Broncos blog)

Max Zelenko, Philadelphia Eagles/NFL writer for Rantsports.com

Archived