• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How We Got Here - A 2014 Timeline

Jeremy Igo

where are these reports that RR is losing the team?  google is not helping me here

The answer to that will cost you about $4.99

I've been wondering how much of this is a direct result of the lax practices.  The high effort guys with limited ability would look better than if the practices were more intense.  Just my 2 cents.

It's possible.

Honestly though, I just think Rivera lacks those skills regardless.

I absolutely do, unless he's just a liar. He implied all offseason that he wanted to be here and it was "strange" that he hadn't been contacted. Now once Minnesota made the offer we were fuged. Gettleman sat in his high chair and told everyone to go off and see what they were worth, thinking everyone would come running back. Blew up in his face.

You and I are gonna have to respectfully disagree on that, brah.

I'm pretty sure he got at least $1million more guaranteed than he ever would have sniffed in Carolina.  And a pro player of Munnerlyn's stature ain't gonna turn down a cool mill guaranteed to give the home team a discount.

Like I said, I respectfully disagree with you.

In Jeremy's opening post, he said that today "media reports indicate Ron Rivera is losing his team. Locker room complaints from players begin to emerge." Where can I find the media reports? I don't see anything anywhere. Is it local Charlotte media? I am in Florida. Just curious and hope it's true, because this franchise is being coached and run like $@#&.

I think gettleman gets too much heat for all this.

We went 12-4 because our defense pressured the qb, consistently gave the offense good field position, and the offense had long sustained drives keeping the d fresh. A symbiotic relationship.

He tried to repeat the formula on a shoestring budget by tagging hardy, letting Steve smith and his 750 yds go (instead of committing 13 mil for him), replacing mitchell, Ginn, and munerlyn for half what they were paid elsewhere, replace your 35-year-old left tackle with some younger guys and let them gel, and still try to carry over a little cash for cam's new contract.I think what happened to derail his plans were primarily beyond his control

Your assumptions to me are right on target,the money just wasn't there to retain all the players we needed, or to replace them with top quality players 

Gettleman was between a rock and a hard place,not saying he couldn't have done better but he was screwed no matter which way he went. In my opinion he was forced  to gamble and take chances with his decisions. We know what the odds of being successful are in those type situations..

the real issue in Carolinas FO is who actually possess the eye to evaluate talent ecspecially at the oL position? because,if Don Gregory or Dave Gettlemen cannot find a more promising tackle via the draft in any round than Kugliba with the 108th pick and lo and behold who was the 109th pick of the 2013 NFL dtaft David Bakhitari.well then,this is the very reasoning behind why i cannot become overly optimistic about the Panthers future, in lieu of the likes of these two.

Archived