• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How We Got Here - A 2014 Timeline

Jeremy Igo

There are idiots here who think he should be fired, or nonsense like that, but they are fairly low in numbers.

Didn't we have to convince Gross to stick around for one more season last year? The distinct possibility of his retirement was not totally spur of the moment. I didn't say that he didn't see it, I said he gambled with the personnel hoping that they would work out, and they didn't.

Right....and this is exactly what I said as well. Which is why I asked Jeremy if he really believed that GMan "didn't see it". Which confuses me more why you decided to jump all over me when we share the exact same thought about the situation. Maybe because it's been so long? My only guess.....

Right....and this is exactly what I said as well. Which is why I asked Jeremy if he really believed that GMan "didn't see it". Which confuses me more why you decided to jump all over me when we share the exact same thought about the situation. Maybe because it's been so long? My only guess.....

Clearly we are going to have to take this to South Charlotte.

No, Ron absolutely didn't see it. He isn't much of a talent evaluator, as seen by Norwell staying inactive most of the season. How do I see that Norwell is a player and the coaching staff doesn't?

Been saying that for a while now.  Nice to have some inside confirmation.

Rivera has always championed guys who gave a load of effort, but seems completely unaware that most of the guys he talks up are, in reality, trying harder because they're just not very good.

He's just not good at evaluating talent when it comes to players and coaches.

A head coach has to be able to do those things to succeed in that position.  Sadly, Rivera has demonstrated that he can't.

1) Incompetence is the inability to know you're fugged at OL. Or, not being able to see what the Huddle sees. 

2) Ignorance is overspending on OL FAs who aren't a long-term answer or drafting an OL early because of need

3) Stop Gapping is hoping/gambling that the OL on the roster are serviceable enough to get us through the season and keep us competitive while potentially better options and cap situation present themselves. 

If one of these had to define GMan I'd rather it be the third. Seems like the most forgivable to me and has the least number of long-term ramification. 

March 20 - Cam Newton announces ankle surgery to tighten ligaments. He will miss OTA's and time to develop chemistry with new receiver core.

Maybe that surgery didn't do what it was supposed to? Even with open field he doesn't seem to be as quick.

<obligatory "Blahblah OL sucksWR can't get openRB not doing something There are 52 people on this roster not doing their job rabble rabble harumph>

Bradley Sowell OT ARI R Gabe Carimi OT ATL Mike Johnson OT ATL Erik Pears OT BUF Chris Hairston OT BUF James Brown OT CHI R Marshall Newhouse OT CIN Doug Free OT DAL Jermey Parnell OT DAL Winston Justice OT DEN Orlando Franklin OT DEN Corey Hilliard OT DET Bryan Bulaga OT GB Don Barclay OT GB R Derrick Sherrod OT GB R Derek Newton OT HOU Jeff Linkenbach OT KC Jason Fox OT MIA Marcus Cannon OT NE Charles Brown OT NYG James Brewer OT NYG Khalif Barnes OT OAK Allen Barbre OT PHI Guy Whimper OT PIT Marcus Gilbert OT PIT Jeromey Clary OT SD King Dunlap OT SD Willie Smith OT SD Michael Harris OT SD R James Carpenter OT SEA Joseph Barksdale OT STL Oniel Cousins OT TB Michael Roos OT TEN Tyler Polumbus OT WAS

Who yall wanna see on that cruise with Cam?! I say King Dunlap and Orlando Franklin..oh wait because we gave 13 million to Hardy to sit on his ass this season we probably will only be able to afford one serviceable Vet tackle unless Kalil agrees to restructure, which he wont.  

Bradley Sowell OT ARI R Gabe Carimi OT ATL Mike Johnson OT ATL Erik Pears OT BUF Chris Hairston OT BUF James Brown OT CHI R Marshall Newhouse OT CIN Doug Free OT DAL Jermey Parnell OT DAL Winston Justice OT DEN Orlando Franklin OT DEN Corey Hilliard OT DET Bryan Bulaga OT GB Don Barclay OT GB R Derrick Sherrod OT GB R Derek Newton OT HOU Jeff Linkenbach OT KC Jason Fox OT MIA Marcus Cannon OT NE Charles Brown OT NYG James Brewer OT NYG Khalif Barnes OT OAK Allen Barbre OT PHI Guy Whimper OT PIT Marcus Gilbert OT PIT Jeromey Clary OT SD King Dunlap OT SD Willie Smith OT SD Michael Harris OT SD R James Carpenter OT SEA Joseph Barksdale OT STL Oniel Cousins OT TB Michael Roos OT TEN Tyler Polumbus OT WAS

Who yall wanna see on that cruise with Cam?! I say King Dunlap and Orlando Franklin..oh wait because we gave 13 million to Hardy to sit on his ass this season we probably will only be able to afford one serviceable Vet tackle unless Kalil agrees to restructure, which he wont.  

This is good. I was about to look at the 2015 OL FAs. Admittedly I don't know enough about most of them to have an intelligent thought of who would be a good target, but I'm interested in hearing your take....well, some yours 

Zod, do you think he will based off of his and overall the oline's performance this season or for the benefit of the team?

I'm not Zod, but it won't be because of performance.  You can't surround a rose with turds, and still expect it to smell good.  They know he's still a stud.

Archived