• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

and then, there is this.....

Jeremy Igo

At the very least, he did shoulder some blame.

Shula didn't hesitate when asked if the plays and protections gave Newton a chance to have success against Philadelphia. 

"No," he said. "We had nine sacks. No. And when I say we, it is we, starting with me. We've got to continue to work to help our guys do everything better." 

"I know I've said this before, it's not that far away," Shula said of the offense being consistent and successful. "The difference is not that big. It feels that way when you look at what happened last night." 

He's right about the latter. It's been a season full of self-destruction, particularly during this eight-game stretch in which the Panthers have won once. 

There appears to be more questions than answers. Coach Ron Rivera said the staff will spend the week leading into Sunday's game against Atlanta (3-6) trying to find the five best players on the offensive line. Guard Trai Turner and guard/tackle Chris Scott could figure into the mix. 

There also will be more self-evaluation on the play-calling. Shula didn't hesitate when asked if the plays and protections gave Newton a chance to have success against Philadelphia. 

"No," he said. "We had nine sacks. No. And when I say we, it is we, starting with me. We've got to continue to work to help our guys do everything better." 

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/10265/rivera-shula-believe-panthers-are-on-the-cusp-of-success-offensively

We are going to get our asses handed to us sunday.

A few weeks ago I would have disagreed.

Today, I am VERY concerned about Sunday.

It has the potential to be the most devastating regular season home loss in Panthers history.

Yes they have finally figured out offensive success. They have to suck so bad the other team starts playing backups then put up points and yards to make everyone feel better in garbage time. Is this the moral victory philosophy of coaching? Or maybe it is a plan to get Cam killed so they don’t have to pay him. Wait maybe they noticed all the losing teams they are about to face and they are placing their bets that the offense will look better without having to actually doing anything to fix it.

I can’t believe I am actually saying this but I hope we lose every game from here on out. Losing will get this coaching staff fired and that will be the best thing for the long term success of this team.

Archived