• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Kony Ealy our best defensive end?

Jeremy Igo

it's hard for me to tell. he might be playing better than CJ at the moment(maybe) but he isnt better than him, yet.

He obviously hasn't had a better career but it's hard to argue that CJ's playing any better than him. Says more about CJ than Ealy though.

Addison maybe?  Ealy hasn't been terrible, he's gotten a few pressures, a few good plays, but I've seen some terrible over pursuits and things like TE's blocking him with ease.  He often looks like Hardy in his first couple of years in run defense.  He's got some ways to go, but the only real difference I see between his first year and CJ/Hardy's first years is that both of them had a good DE on the other end and that helped them actually get a few sacks.  Ealy doesn't look to be behind the curve, just not ahead it either.

Addison maybe?  Ealy hasn't been terrible, he's gotten a few pressures, a few good plays, but I've seen some terrible over pursuits and things like TE's blocking him with ease.  He often looks like Hardy in his first couple of years in run defense.  He's got some ways to go, but the only real difference I see between his first year and CJ/Hardy's first years is that both of them had a good DE on the other end and that helped them actually get a few sacks.  Ealy doesn't look to be behind the curve, just not ahead it either.

lol Addison.

Dude got pancaked by Riley fuging Cooper.

He obviously hasn't had a better career but it's hard to argue that CJ's playing any better than him. Says more about CJ than Ealy though.

CJ has been playing pretty well after the rocky start. CJ is our best DE right now, but Ealy looks to have been a good pick and just another reason to stick with DG and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Archived