• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Use Your Solution

frash.exe

I agree with you to an extent...

1) They have got to trade for a starting caliber DT. I really like Corey Williams from the Browns and I think he would be a perfect fit that we could get for a 4th round pick. He could start right away as soon as he gets reacclimated to the 4-3 style of defense.

2) After the cuts we need to find a guy who can add solid depth. This is what we should have done during the offseason but are hands were tied with Peppers. I like that kid from the Giants Jay Alford 6-3 304 and a guy from the Titans Vickerson 6-5 305. Both may not get cut but they are right on the line and either one would be perfect for us.

If we could get this accomplished or something like it we would have three pretty good players at the DT spot with Irvin and Favorite fighting out for the 4th spot (Irvin would get it based on draft status) and although its unlikely we could keep 5 to keep these guys fresh. I think Hayden is as good as gone.

Thats what I would do, but what will happen is the Panthers will wait and get someone that has been cut. I think the guys reporting that "help is on the way" have no clue what they are talking about and are merely assuming as to what will happen.

I mused about Alford as a possible camp casualty but I'm not certain at all that it will happen. The Giants have ridiculous depth there and they could go with 5 guys at DT. You never know who could get hurt.

dewayne robertson and vonnie holliday. good bit of experience there and if we jiggle the cap around a little we could probably afford them.

i would also be keeping an eye on some of the teams transitioning to a 3-4 like KC, Denver, and GB. ok, maybe not denver but there are some intriguing possibilities from these two teams with players who may not translate well into their new scheme.

in KC i might be keeping an eye on ron edwards and alphonso boone. noth are pretty good against the run and were used in a 2--5-4 formation in preseason. this year. actually the chiefs ran that 3 times (on passing downs, of course) and edwards was involved in all 3 of them. he was paired up with tyson jackson for 2 of them and boone for the third one. boone might be the most disposable of all of them. dorsey would be too much of a pain to acquire but would be great if we could. they are in need of a WR, esp. since they are having problems with Bowe so one of young ones might be attractive for them to help with any trades.

in green bay i like a couple that they have at DT who might be a little easy to get as well. i would like ryan pickett but they may need his big butt to help as raji leanrs the ropes. another couple i like are johnny jolly and justin harrell. harrell would likely be a low risk/high reward type because of his back problems and the uncertainty there. that uncertainty cuold mean a very friendly price tag and contract situation. GB's really hoping that he gets things worked out with his back and are investing a lot but they are going to have to cut their losses at some point. one of those three, though, will likely be easy to move and a draft pick/LB/WR or some combination might do the trick.

I will also throw Terrell Sands from the Raiders in there. He was trade bate early in the year and they might cut him. You never know with the raiders though. He is def the space eater we need.

I will also throw Terrell Sands from the Raiders in there. He was trade bate early in the year and they might cut him. You never know with the raiders though. He is def the space eater we need.
interesting.....assuming you meant terdell sands. Height: 6-7 Weight: 335

i would have no problem with this.

Archived