• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

I get it. But they are competitive within their shitty division. If we were out of the playoff race I would be more willing to go along with this idea.

If we continue to poo the bed the next couple of weeks and fall way behind in the South I could possibly get behind this idea.

But i think it is way to early to go down this road.

Let the next 3 games play out and then revisit this. But for now, if I was a player I couldn't look my teammates in the face if I went to IR without a legit injury and only .5 games from playoffs.

Cam would likely not take kindly to it either

If they lose to Atlanta on Sunday.... will you come to the dark side?

If anybody but Igo had started this thread, that poster would have been absolutely bullied over the ridiculous idea that it entails (and for good reason.) But you sheeple want to "100% agree" with Igo for whatever reason. The fact remains that while the season looks dim for now, we are still just a game out of the division lead. And you don't throw in the towel down just 1 game with 6 games remaining. What if Brees gets hurt and the Saints lose out. Then what? See how ridiculous IRing Cam is right now?

I've never bought this line of thinking. All things are not the same. He was just sacked 9 times, the most in his career. You are saying there is the same chance of getting hurt walking to the locker room than on any of those sacks.

It was a hyperbolic point. Cam was just sacked 9 times and came away without an ACL tear or shoulder injury. His rib injury came on a scramble, his ankle injuries stem from surgery and overcompensation for surgery on injuries he had back in college, and he's hit his thumb on helmets his entire career. You advocating putting a player on IR to avoid the risk of injury when injuries are simply the nature of the job. What's also part of the job is being there for your team and learning and growing as a player, and those things can't happen if you're on the sideline.

You should know the locker room dynamics enough to know that would not go over well at all no matter how much Cam's teammates may like him. They like him because he's tough and reiterate it constantly as one of the reasons he's voted as captain as looked to as a leader.

7-9 at least.  manning esp would be taken off on a stretcher. Cam barely has time to receive the snap. 

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

Ron is interested in one thing, saving the jobs of himself and the rest of his coaching staff.  Spiritually and physically broken Cam still gives them the best shot at that of their three options.  I don't think Cam will sit over because it's been proven in the past the late season meaningless wins help his case.

Archived