• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

Whats he supposed to say? Throw his line under the bus? Complain about the hits?

Yeah, that would go over real well in the media.

Cam has his moments....but he has consistantly been groomed to not throw people under the bus. He always takes accountability and puts the load on him. Doesn't mean he speaks the truth. He just knows he has to say it

That can happen walking down stairs. I don't wish any injury whatsoever on Cam but nobody gets through football scot-free. Part of the job requirements of a franchise quarterback is to be on the field when you can physically make it and to fight alongside your teammates no matter how dire the circumstances. And I don't believe it's in Cam's makeup (thankfully) to want to be sheltered, even for his own sake.

Nobody is advocating Cam put himself on IR. But coaches need to make tough decisions in the best interest of the players and the team. It's in everybody's best interest for Cam to get healthy.

I agree with most of what you are saying. I dont agree the season is certainly over. Seeing how anything could happen with this weak as mess division. However, everyone HAS to understand Cam becoming physically and fundamentally worse is one of those possiblities. It IS NOT in Cam's best interest, or the future of the Panthers' best interest for him to continue this season.

Yes, it is possible for them to slip in playoffs and win Superbowl, but so is it for ALL teams that are not out mathmatically. Its just not likely, more likely something negative happens.

So keep Cam in so that this team can have a chance to make the playoffs and get a total and uncontested ass beating? And if he gets torn up and needs another off season to recover then what? I say fug that. Sit him now and get him back on track this off season with a new line, better WR corp, and new OC. Means nothing to make the playoffs without the team to actually win something.

Might not mean much to fans, but what does it mean to guys who get playoff bonuses and the extra cash they can make by winning the division?

What about guys looking for their next contracts?

Seriously, what do you tell the other teammates or people playing for contracts?

What message do you send if you shut down your starting QB with 6 games to play and only being .5 games out of the playoffs?

Who's playing for contracts on this team? Bersin? Nobody's playing themselves into a nice contract this season lol.

If the Panthers were at all a competitive NFL team I would not be saying this.

However......how many blow outs have they had this season?

I get it. But they are competitive within their shitty division. If we were out of the playoff race I would be more willing to go along with this idea.

If we continue to poo the bed the next couple of weeks and fall way behind in the South I could possibly get behind this idea.

But i think it is way to early to go down this road.

Let the next 3 games play out and then revisit this. But for now, if I was a player I couldn't look my teammates in the face if I went to IR without a legit injury and only .5 games from playoffs.

Cam would likely not take kindly to it either

Archived