• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

If I am Gettleman, I am in the head trainers ear, suggesting they take a really really really long look at Cam Newton and err on the side of safety. Take it out of Rivera's hands. It is in Rivera's best interest to keep Cam in, but not necessarily the Panthers.

Sadly Jeremy, the sideline reporter said it best.  When she asked Rivera about Cam not being 100% he basically said that he didn't see that ... and would get with the trainers.  Don't remember the exact quote but that's the jist of it.  Rivera coaches in the moment and doesn't have a feel for what is happening in the game.  Hard to describe but it is similar to how some QBs have a feel for the pocket and know when the rush is coming while others only see what is happening in front of them.  Rivera is the latter.  I don't think he is keeping Cam in the game for his own best interest, being the HC is too big for him.  If he was looking out for his own interest, a healthy Anderson is better than Cam in his current state.

Personally, I don't want to see Cam on IR but he does need to get healthy.  No problem with Anderson getting the reigns against the Falcons.  The reality is that we are less than a game out of the division lead and the organization will still continue as such.  We won't see any drastic changes unless Cam truly needs to go to IR for health reasons because 'we are still in the mix'.

I just posted in another thread:

I thought my life was depressing, then I watched a Panther game.

Feeling pretty good today.

This is the first Time I have thought that Cam might want to get out of Carolina though, and I really can't blame him.

Sadly Jeremy, the sideline reporter said it best. When she asked Rivera about Cam not being 100% he basically said that he didn't see that ... and would get with the trainers. Don't remember the exact quote but that's the jist of it. Rivera coaches in the moment and doesn't have a feel for what is happening in the game. Hard to describe but it is similar to how some QBs have a feel for the pocket and know when the rush is coming while others only see what is happening in front of them. Rivera is the latter. I don't think he is keeping Cam in the game for his own best interest, being the HC is too big for him. If he was looking out for his own interest, a healthy Anderson is better than Cam in his current state.

Personally, I don't want to see Cam on IR but he does need to get healthy. No problem with Anderson getting the reigns against the Falcons. The reality is that we are less than a game out of the division lead and the organization will still continue as such. We won't see any drastic changes unless Cam truly needs to go to IR for health reasons because 'we are still in the mix'.

Rivera already addressed Newton would play the entire season impacted by injury. Would be Feb or March before he had the potential to feel good.

I think Rivera is operating under the banged up version should be considered the "healthy" version and there are simply no new injuries to him

And when Cam ends the season with an ACL tear or a dislocated shoulder.... was it worth it?

That can happen walking down stairs. I don't wish any injury whatsoever on Cam but nobody gets through football scot-free. Part of the job requirements of a franchise quarterback is to be on the field when you can physically make it and to fight alongside your teammates no matter how dire the circumstances. And I don't believe it's in Cam's makeup (thankfully) to want to be sheltered, even for his own sake.

cam didnt regress byron bell has if you watch carefully he shuts down before plays are even over looks like he just says fug it(run&pass)....i dont even believe he thinks he can play the position so... doesnt even help cam up after getting him creamed silitulo regressed to proved why he wasnt d1..... oline seems to have a strength issue...do they even lift?...other teams lineman always look brolic to me....

I've never bought this line of thinking. All things are not the same. He was just sacked 9 times, the most in his career. You are saying there is the same chance of getting hurt walking to the locker room than on any of those sacks.

Cam addressed that himself yesterday. He said this sport is not ballet so he is not complaining about the hits he's taking.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000426518/Newton-This-isn-t-ballet

That can happen walking down stairs. I don't wish any injury whatsoever on Cam but nobody gets through football scot-free. Part of the job requirements of a franchise quarterback is to be on the field when you can physically make it and to fight alongside your teammates no matter how dire the circumstances. And I don't believe it's in Cam's makeup (thankfully) to want to be sheltered, even for his own sake.

Exactly.

Not to mention how the other players will look at him while he is standing on the sidelines healthy enough to play while they are out there taking a beating. Remember how long it was that so many people on this board yapped about in regards to Cam not getting the "C" patch?

Rivera already addressed Newton would play the entire season impacted by injury. Would be Feb or March before he had the potential to feel good.

I think Rivera is operating under the banged up version should be considered the "healthy" version and there are simply no new injuries to him

Wasn't too long ago that Rivera was talking about opening it up for Cam and him being near 100%, basically turning the keys back over to him. 

I think the banged-up version is worse than it was before ... as I pertains to how the injuries are affecting his play ... and it will continue to get worse behind our OL as he gets pounded every game. 

I've never bought this line of thinking. All things are not the same. He was just sacked 9 times, the most in his career. You are saying there is the same chance of getting hurt walking to the locker room than on any of those sacks.

Cam would tell you that is what he signed up for when he decided to play football.

I don't necessarily disagree that this should be an option at some point, but not yet.

No matter how bad we are playing we have an easier portion of our schedule coming up and we are STILL only a half game out of division lead (NFCS lol).

What message does that send other players who are also playing hurt if u only shut down the QB.

What does that tell a team that as bad as they are, they are still in the playoff race. They make the playoffs they make some extra money. Don't take possible food off their plate.

This is a bad idea for everyone with the exception possibly being Cam Newton

So keep Cam in so that this team can have a chance to make the playoffs and get a total and uncontested ass beating? And if he gets torn up and needs another off season to recover then what? I say fug that. Sit him now and get him back on track this off season with a new line, better WR corp, and new OC. Means nothing to make the playoffs without the team to actually win something.

Cam addressed that himself yesterday. He said this sport is not ballet so he is not complaining about the hits he's taking.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000426518/Newton-This-isn-t-ballet

Whats he supposed to say? Throw his line under the bus? Complain about the hits?

Yeah, that would go over real well in the media.

Archived