• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

I disagree. David Carr failed because David Carr sucked. Cam has to progress in his decision-making and that requires live action. As defeated as he might feel at the moment you never progress by avoiding trials but by embracing the challenge. The biggest enemy Cam has is his distaste for failure and the disengagement that follows. Enabling that through IR only exacerbates the problem.

And when Cam ends the season with an ACL tear or a dislocated shoulder.... was it worth it?

Playing with multiple injuries once postseason has been eliminated behind a league worst OL? Would have to go back and research who actually would meet those qualifications

We have already been mathematically eliminated?

Well that happened fast.

Unfortunately, we play in the NFCS. Means season isn't over. Can't tell a team it is when it isn't.

respectively disagree, given the Saints remaining home schedule our best shot at beating them and gaining some momentum was last night

we're not mathematically eliminated, we're mentally eliminated 

I agree he should be IR'd but I think people are taking David Carr syndrome out of proportion. David Carr wasn't gonna be good enough anyways, Cam isn't David Carr, and he will bounce back when he is put back into a more comfortable situation, I wouldn't worry about Cam being irreparably damaged mentally. Physically is the biggest concern, and his physical well being could make him lose confidence in himself, so yeah I think he should be put on IR in order to let him heal up.

this is the one reason i would be comfortable with the Panthers missing the playoffs. sit Cam, tank the season, clean house, and potentially be set up for a better (albeit rebuilding) year next season. 

all these people talking about tanking for draft picks... i just dont understand that. there's not much different between pick 10 and pick 20 anymore. you dont tank a season when youre in contention for back-to-back division titles and potentially back-to-back winning seasons. 

you DO tank a season, however, when your franchise quarterback of the future is hobbled and may be permanently damaged by continuing to play him. if Cam was healthy and still playing with fire, i would say keep him in and see what we could do. but if Cam was healthy and playing with fire, we might be 6-3-1 right now instead and wouldnt be talking about this... 

the fact remains... Cam is hurt physically and mentally. he needs time to rest and collect himself. if Rivera is REALLY a players' coach, he needs to sit Cam and protect the kid's career, at the cost of his own job if necessary. that is the ONLY thing that will repair my respect for Rivera. 

respectively disagree, given the Saints remaining home schedule our best shot at beating them and gaining some momentum was last night

we're not mathematically eliminated, we're mentally eliminated

I didn't say what I believed will happen.

We could be leading the divison next week though. That them puts us in control of our destiny. Given that scenario.....no NFL organization would call it a season.

cbully, on 11 Nov 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:snapback.png

RR: "IF Cam is going to be our QB he has to work himself through these things!"

smh

Look at Ron putting the blame on others and them not standing up for their players again. Man a qb being punch drunk isn't something to risk. But they won't ir him.

This Rivera quote is taken a little out of context.  I don't think he's questioning or blaming Cam, and if you listen to everything he said, he did take a small jab at the OC.  Maybe I'm reading into this wrong myself.

Reporter - You stuck with Cam throughout, were there ever thought of sitting (Cam)?

Rivera - No, no, he's got to continue to work and to develop, he's got to continue to get his rhythm, and that's what we're going to do.

Reporter - Ron you brought in DA a couple of times in these big losses, why not this time?

Rivera - Because I thought Cam needed to get a rhythm going, he got a rhythm going and I stuck with it.  I think again, you know, I'm not looking at short term - for short-term fixes, I looking for the long time, for the long haul, and if he's going to be our quarterback he's got to work himself through these things, and that's what I'm looking for.  I thought he did a nice job, I thought he hung in there, I thought he made some plays, you know, we've got to give him a chance up front.  We've got to give him a chance with some of our protections.  Like I've said I'm not going to indict anybody till after I get a chance to look at (the tape) heck, it could've been the calls too.  I mean I'm going to take a look at everything, I'm going to evaluate everything, and we're going to make decisions and move forward.

Archived