• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

Exactly, it makes as much sense as IR'ing a player cleared to play because "reasons". Sorry, but I completely disagree with you.

If Newton is the QB for this franchise going forward, and the doctors clear him to play, let him get the re

You are not considering all of the ramifications.

Either stand behind him and let him work it out, or officially move on. There is no middle here. Not with our franchise in it's current state.

The man is getting his ass beat and gang raped every week. Every game the beatings get worse and he is not a "superman". Even the biggest men can only take so much body abuse before they break. So lets see how far he can go before they crack him in half.

His health won't matter if everyone around the league thinks our FO has lost confidence in him. Which is what that will signal.

Did we even attempt to make a move on the OL before the trade deadline?

At this point I think simple arrogance is a prevelant factor in what we have been witnessing with the OL.

I think IR would tell people that we have lost confidence in the OL and not him. Everyone can see he's not healthy and being tossed around like a rag doll back there. But we want to put faith that this is the worse it'll get this year. Philly DL isn't even good. I'll rather see the man rest and be 100% next season then have lingering effects for the rest of his career

I think IR would tell people that we have lost confidence in the OL and not him. Everyone can see he's not healthy and being tossed around like a rag doll back there. But we want to put faith that this is the worse it'll get this year. Philly DL isn't even good. I'll rather see the man rest and be 100% next season then have lingering effects for the rest of his career

The man is getting his ass beat and gang raped every week. Every game the beatings get worse and he is not a "superman". Even the biggest men can only take so much body abuse before they break. So lets see how far he can go before they crack him in half.

If we IR a QB cleared to play because we were woefully inept at building even a decent OL, we may as well clean out the whole staff.

Cam needs to be IR'd. Mainly, he just needs to be taken out of the remainder of the games. Nine sacks. That says a lot. More than the number itself, which is staggering in its own right, was the sacks that brought him down.

Remember things like this?

giphy.gif

Remember how hard it used to be to sack Cam Newton? How frustrating his size and escapability was to opposing defensive linemen?

More concerning than the number of sacks last night, was how easy they seemed to be. I remember watching him last night getting hit and going down, and just thinking, "those are exactly the kinds of sacks that he could squirm out of before." And to me that's terrifying because is means one of two things:

1. Cam is hurt, and can't escape like he used to. That's bad. So if he's hurt, IR him.
  2. Cam is so demoralized and frustrated that he'd rather just go down rather than try to fight his way out of the sack and try to make something happen. Because he knows nothing will happen. And it doesn't matter if it does work on this play, because it won't matter anyway, the team will blow it. So why bother? And that scenario is much worse. And if Cam Newton has lost his fighter spirit, then he's not Cam Newton anymore, and we need to IR him so we can save what's left of his confidence.

Either way, no good can come from Cam finishing out this season. IR him until you can give him the team he deserves to lead.

Archived