• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IR Cam

Jeremy Igo

I just seriously wonder what goes through the head of the FO when they watch the same games us fans do?

I mean Cam was so off last night, I called it in the 1st qtr that he should be pulled. But nope, we keep him in to get hit repeatedly and get sacked 9 times.

It's a shame

Unfortunately I agree.  The biggest thing that scares me isn't him getting beat up more but the "Carr" factor.  The regression is real.  He has no confidence.  He has terrible mechanics.  And it's all because our O-line is worthless and our O-coordinator can't scheme any protection for him.

I am game. Sounds like a great idea. Screw this season. Let's rest and protect him and pray he doesn't have DCS aka David Carr Syndrome, fire this worthless coaching staff and get an offensive line that is not "offensive" and 1 speed receiver.

Because that would make zero sense?

Exactly, it makes as much sense as IR'ing a player cleared to play because "reasons". Sorry, but I completely disagree with you.

If Newton is the QB for this franchise going forward, and the doctors clear him to play, let him get the reps.

You are not considering all of the ramifications.

Either stand behind him and let him work it out, or officially move on. There is no middle here. Not with our franchise in it's current state.

Cam needs to heal up because he'll have to do it all again next year.

These were obvious holes that needed to be fixed or somewhat addressed and nothing was done. I don't have confidence in this staff to address them this offseason either.

A few of us have been saying Amini is the weakest link on this line for awhile now and last night proved that again. Bell and Chandler are fugging awful but Amini actually has them beat. There's so many examples of this organizations inability to properly evaluate talent it's scary!

Unfortunately I agree.  The biggest thing that scares me isn't him getting beat up more but the "Carr" factor.  The regression is real.  He has no confidence.  He has terrible mechanics.  And it's all because our O-line is worthless and our O-coordinator can't scheme any protection for him.

He literally 'regressed' within the course of this season.  He started the season out looking like a Pro-Bowl caliber Pocket Passer.  The OL has regressed, with it Cam has got less healthy and now shell shocked.

We are only a half game out of the division....so they won't do it.

But I agree. Once we can't win the division they should. Dude has a bum foot, busted ribs and takes a pounding behind a weak OL.

You forgot the thumb on his throwing hand.  But yeah I agree with the overall sentiment here.  If the FO thinks Cam is the future of the Panthers then they need to take better care of him.  He never should have come out after half time without his shoulder pads on.

Exactly, it makes as much sense as IR'ing a player cleared to play because "reasons". Sorry, but I completely disagree with you.

If Newton is the QB for this franchise going forward, and the doctors clear him to play, let him get the reps.

You are not considering all of the ramifications.

Either stand behind him and let him work it out, or officially move on. There is no middle here. Not with our franchise in it's current state.

Oh, I am considering all of the ramifications.

You aren't however, and that may end his career this season.

Sadly I have to agree with you. This current staff is going to ruin Cam. He has so much potential but this coaching staff is letting him get seal clubbed out there. We need to protect our future.

Not sure why, but this made me shoot lemonaide through my nose when I read it. I'm still chuckling a little.

Oh, I am considering all of the ramifications.

You aren't however, and that may end his career this season.

His health won't matter if everyone around the league thinks our FO has lost confidence in him. Which is what that will signal.

Did we even attempt to make a move on the OL before the trade deadline?

At this point I think simple arrogance is a prevalent factor in what we have been witnessing with the OL.

Well, it has come to this.

As of today, I feel like placing Cam on IR is the best option for the future of this team, for the following reasons...

1. He is hurt. It is painfully obvious the man is no where near 100%. When defensive tackles are running Cam Newton down, it isn't a sign of great health. He is no longer able to run to avoid potentially career ending hits. Lets face it, there isn't much left to play for this season. The Panthers may as well put Joe Webb in and see if he can spark anything on the offense with his legs, and possibly keep him as next year's #2.

2.  The Carr Factor - Playing behind an awful offensive line and offensive coordinator ruined David Carr's career. Cam is now regressing at a rate he may not be able to recover from. Keeping him out there will only increase the amount of time to recover, if ever. You all have seen Cam's confidence, his swag, slowly but surely fade away this season.

3. Recovery Time - I am not so sure at the rate at which things are happening now that Cam would be physically ready for OTA's in May. If he plays the season out, he will finish with lingering injuries. I am not sure 4 months would be adequate time for Cam to get to 100%. Whoever the next OC is for the Panthers, he would benefit greatly from having 100% of Cam's attention on the playbook and not on rehab.

The only way he is going to get better is if he plays .........Turner return should help with interior pressure and we can't give away 14 pits in the first 2 possession and expect to win. We can still win the NFC south and make the playoffs.

Archived